The Student Room Group
I got ABCD at AS and applied for an AAB course. If you're confident you can work hard, put the effort in, and get the grades you need, it's not optimistic at all to apply! :smile:
My friend got into an ABB course with CCC. I applied for a ABB course with BBC and they let me in.

In other words, yes you can get an offer.
Definitely apply. Many students do apply for courses that require one or two grades higher as when it comes to a uni deciding on giving you an offer, they don't only look at grades but will also consider you based on your personal statement and teacher references.

Every uni I applied for last year had higher requirements than what my predictions were and I got 4/4 conditional offers.
Go for it - your predicted grades are not your achieved grades. They can even change to A*'s if you try your best!
Even if you do achieve them then there are loads of people who get on courses which they don't meet grade requirements of therefore don't let it pull you of!
Good Luck :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by TheTakers
I got ABCD at AS and applied for an AAB course. If you're confident you can work hard, put the effort in, and get the grades you need, it's not optimistic at all to apply! :smile:

but will they offer me a place ... don't want to be rejected
Reply 6
Original post by katherine9609
Definitely apply. Many students do apply for courses that require one or two grades higher as when it comes to a uni deciding on giving you an offer, they don't only look at grades but will also consider you based on your personal statement and teacher references.

Every uni I applied for last year had higher requirements than what my predictions were and I got 4/4 conditional offers.

but the course I want to take ( radiography) involves a selection day
Reply 7
Original post by katherine9609

also do you think if I call the uni and explain how my predicted grades are low but I'm motivated and desperate to do this course I'll have more chance? Honestly I'm so worried because my results were terrible and I've just read about this whole selection day /literacy and numeracy test thing.
Original post by anaighj
but will they offer me a place ... don't want to be rejected

They should!
Reply 9
Original post by TheTakers
They should!

but I've constantly been told don't apply for courses higher than what Uve been predicted blah blah it's unrealistic and stuff? thanks for the help btw
Original post by anaighj
but I've constantly been told don't apply for courses higher than what Uve been predicted blah blah it's unrealistic and stuff? thanks for the help btw

If you think you can get BBB, then it's realistic to apply. If you're cautious, you have 5 UCAS options. Pick the courses you want that are BBB, then pick one or two that are BCC as your back-ups.
What field was this?
Original post by TercioOfParma
My friend got into an ABB course with CCC. I applied for a ABB course with BBC and they let me in.

Could you tell me what subject your friend did for uni . And what about yourself? Thanks.
What really? What university? And how because I’m in the same situation and looking to apply to AAB
Original post by rahtinh22
What really? What university? And how because I’m in the same situation and looking to apply to AAB

Hi, worth making your own thread for this, as this thread was made in 2016!
Did your friend get CCC on results day or was that their predicted grades?
Original post by TercioOfParma

Did your friend get CCC on results day or was that their predicted grades?

Latest