The Student Room Group

LNAT deadljne

I want to apply for Nottingham, it says the deadline to take the LNAT is the 20th January.

Do I have to take it BEFORE the 20th, or can I book it ON the 20th and it still count?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by student240902
I want to apply for Nottingham, it says the deadline to take the LNAT is the 20th January.

Do I have to take it BEFORE the 20th, or can I book it ON the 20th and it still count?

For the course Law LLB, it says (on the course page):
"If you are applying to study law with us for 2021 entry, you must sit your LNAT exam by 20 January 2021"

So, you should take it before or on the 20th.
Reply 2
Original post by qvee
For the course Law LLB, it says (on the course page):
"If you are applying to study law with us for 2021 entry, you must sit your LNAT exam by 20 January 2021"

So, you should take it before or on the 20th.

Question, how accurate is this? Because, as you said, the course page states that you must have sat your LNAT exam by the 20th of January. Contrary, the LNAT website says they've extended the deadline to the 26th of February. So I'm just confused really.
Reply 3
Original post by jdsnwar
Question, how accurate is this? Because, as you said, the course page states that you must have sat your LNAT exam by the 20th of January. Contrary, the LNAT website says they've extended the deadline to the 26th of February. So I'm just confused really.

@qvee was going off what the un-updated page said. What the LNAT Website says is what is the new deadline.
Reply 4
Original post by Ray3RE
@qvee was going off what the un-updated page said. What the LNAT Website says is what is the new deadline.

I hate to ask, but how sure are you that this is the case?
Original post by jdsnwar

You'd be safest to confirm with Nottingham in case the university has a preference
Reply 6
Original post by jdsnwar

Original post by WhiteBlueBell
You'd be safest to confirm with Nottingham in case the university has a preference

I would email, that is wise. It is fine to ask (although all the information is on the LNAT page). I emailed the Bristol admissions as my exam is on the 19th and they said the same as the LNAT website.
Reply 7
Yea

Original post by Ray3RE
I would email, that is wise. It is fine to ask (although all the information is on the LNAT page). I emailed the Bristol admissions as my exam is on the 19th and they said the same as the LNAT website.

I've already emailed them a few times, but I've yet to receive an email back sadly. Ah thanks though
Reply 8
Original post by Ray3RE

I've sent you a private message, just so that i wouldn't clog up the chat here
Original post by jdsnwar
I've sent you a private message, just so that i wouldn't clog up the chat here

So what’d you guys find out?
Has the Nottingham deadline been extended? Desperately need to know as if it had I’m going to move my test back 100%!
Original post by Ray3RE

Did Bristol say you needed special proof of why you’re pushing it back? Or can we just rebook it for a later date without having to say why?
Hey! I have my LNAT on the 19th too, but are they even allowed to go ahead? With lockdown it’s all so confusing!
Original post by leilanijasminex
Hey! I have my LNAT on the 19th too, but are they even allowed to go ahead? With lockdown it’s all so confusing!

Yes they are allowed to go ahead... I contacted LNAT about a week ago and they said you’re allowed to travel to the test centre and take the test as it is deemed as ‘essential’
Yes they are allowed to go ahead... I contacted LNAT about a week ago and they said you’re allowed to travel to the test centre and take the test as it is deemed as ‘essential’

thank you so much!
Reply 14
So what’d you guys find out?
Has the Nottingham deadline been extended? Desperately need to know as if it had I’m going to move my test back 100%!

Did Bristol say you needed special proof of why you’re pushing it back? Or can we just rebook it for a later date without having to say why?

Original post by leilanijasminex

The LNAT is still going ahead, mine is tomorrow (unless you get a cancellation email). Bristol doesn't require any special reason they have extended the deadline for everyone due to the pandemic. The deadlines on the LNAT page are the correct ones.

LSE: 29th January
UCL: 29th January
Durham: 20th February
Bristol: 26th February
Nottingham: 26th February
Original post by jdsnwar
Yea

I've already emailed them a few times, but I've yet to receive an email back sadly. Ah thanks though

You should call it’ll be faster
Original post by Ray3RE
The LNAT is still going ahead, mine is tomorrow (unless you get a cancellation email). Bristol doesn't require any special reason they have extended the deadline for everyone due to the pandemic. The deadlines on the LNAT page are the correct ones.

LSE: 29th January
UCL: 29th January
Durham: 20th February
Bristol: 26th February
Nottingham: 26th February

6D1D2D67-EE42-4C22-B076-065F6F5E597E.jpg.jpeg

What does the person from the email mean by ‘This extension is applicable only to those who are considered as ‘Home’ for fee purposes.

PLEASE HELP I’m running out of time 😭

What does the person from the email mean by ‘This extension is applicable only to those who are considered as ‘Home’ for fee purposes.

It means it’s not been extended for international students
Original post by Tashax2
It means it’s not been extended for international students

THANK YOU so much for replying so fast!!

Which uni is this please?

Quick Reply