The Student Room Group

GCSE Relgious Studies Edexcel B - Part D Question

How to get full marks on a part D question out of 15 (including 3 marks spag)?
How would you structure it?
How much quotations do you need?
Hey so think of 4 paragraphs ( 2 for and 2 against). The actual paragraphs should follow a PEEL structure so point, evidence ( usually a religious quote or teaching) and a quick explanation about how it relates to the point then link back to the question. So you would need a quotation per paragraph minimum, you can always add more if you know any. Then at the end a conclusion is really important try to voice your own opinion.

You can send me a question and ill help draft the first paragraph if you're still struggling.

I got an 8 in my RS, it was one of my fave subjects I do it a level too.
Reply 2
Hey,

Sorry, I know you were talking to the person who asked first but if you don't mind, could you help me draft the first paragraph of this question: 'For Christians, the Bible is the most important source of authority.' [15]Discuss this statement showing that you have considered more than one point of view. (You must refer to religion and belief in your answer.) You could have already done this as its from the 2019 paper.

I understand if you don't want to but it'd be highly appreciated!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Is r.e a hard subject to do for gcse?
Im in year 9 and im thinking of doing it.
How are you guys finding it so far?
Reply 4
Original post by ZaYnabY

I personally find it quite easy as long as you know all your information and scripture and it's really just arguing different points of views and your own opinion and adding judgement. I'm only in year 10 so I haven't been doing it for too long, but so far it's been good. If you enjoy it in year 9 anf you feel your good at it then definitely consider it. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by haniad
I personally find it quite easy as long as you know all your information and scripture and it's really just arguing different points of views and your own opinion and adding judgement. I'm only in year 10 so I haven't been doing it for too long, but so far it's been good. If you enjoy it in year 9 anf you feel your good at it then definitely consider it. :smile:

Thank you!!!
I really think im taking r.e
Original post by ranmu
Hey,

Sorry, I know you were talking to the person who asked first but if you don't mind, could you help me draft the first paragraph of this question: 'For Christians, the Bible is the most important source of authority.' [15]Discuss this statement showing that you have considered more than one point of view. (You must refer to religion and belief in your answer.) You could have already done this as its from the 2019 paper.

I understand if you don't want to but it'd be highly appreciated!

Hi. sorry just seen this! And I did get this question on my exam lol. I can't remember exactly what i wrote cos it was two years ago but you could write about a number of things like other sources of authority such as the Pope for the roman catholic church. Point; Catholic Christians could argue that the Pope is a more important source of authority. Explain many catholics look to the pope for answers when the bible is unclear Evidence; he allowed contraception to stop aids in Africa but contraception is banned completely in the bible. Then link back to q. I think with this question it will be harder to find two disagree points than agree points in my opinion.
Reply 7
Original post by ranimukerji
Hi. sorry just seen this! And I did get this question on my exam lol. I can't remember exactly what i wrote cos it was two years ago but you could write about a number of things like other sources of authority such as the Pope for the roman catholic church. Point; Catholic Christians could argue that the Pope is a more important source of authority. Explain many catholics look to the pope for answers when the bible is unclear Evidence; he allowed contraception to stop aids in Africa but contraception is banned completely in the bible. Then link back to q. I think with this question it will be harder to find two disagree points than agree points in my opinion.

No worries, I was thinking traditional, modern and liberal christian views? Would catholics go under modern?
Also, for part b is one point enough? Like for describe the role of humans, I can talk about stewardship? or procreation? but only one?

Sorry if i'm being annoying haha
Original post by ranmu
No worries, I was thinking traditional, modern and liberal christian views? Would catholics go under modern?
Also, for part b is one point enough? Like for describe the role of humans, I can talk about stewardship? or procreation? but only one?

Sorry if i'm being annoying haha

Catholics are traditional and not usually modern except from this circumstance, I would refrain from mentioning it as it might be confusing. When you don't know how many points to talk about think about the number of marks, I'm not sure what you mean by part B whats the exact question?If its four marks then two points. Also every teacher teaches in different ways so its best to follow the method they taught you when answering exam questions
Reply 9
Original post by ZaYnabY

I personally think it is one of the easiest subjects you can do .My school certainly think so so as I have to do this exam a year early (though the exam is cancelled I think) . However, the difference of 8 to 9 is a bit too much in my opinion .
Thanks for the advice! I had parents evening (virtual) last night and my teacher loves me so im pretty sure i want to do it for gcse

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending