The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entry 2021

I have just done the entry exams for HWSF and I did very good, i probably got full marks in Spanish, and missed out a question or two for maths but roughly guessed the answer. The thing is I moved to London this Summer and when I tried applying to sixth forms they said it was too late so I’m basically wasting a year because it was late and I’m now at college but I can still join sixth form because I’m one of the youngest in my year. So after I did the exams I saw people saying that you need at least a 7 on the subject your doing, and because we didn’t get to do our GCSEs my predicted grades were bad because they were based of those year 6 exams which I didn’t do because I moved to the country in year 8, if I did good on the entry exams which as I’ve said before I feel that I did very very good, but have mainly 4-5, and a 6 in maths because I told my school that that was ridiculous so they changed my target to a 6. Would I still get a place there?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Likkleman lol
I have just done the entry exams for HWSF and I did very good, i probably got full marks in Spanish, and missed out a question or two for maths but roughly guessed the answer. The thing is I moved to London this Summer and when I tried applying to sixth forms they said it was too late so I’m basically wasting a year because it was late and I’m now at college but I can still join sixth form because I’m one of the youngest in my year. So after I did the exams I saw people saying that you need at least a 7 on the subject your doing, and because we didn’t get to do our GCSEs my predicted grades were bad because they were based of those year 6 exams which I didn’t do because I moved to the country in year 8, if I did good on the entry exams which as I’ve said before I feel that I did very very good, but have mainly 4-5, and a 6 in maths because I told my school that that was ridiculous so they changed my target to a 6. Would I still get a place there?

First of all well done on performing so well on your entrance exam, I have a former student from Harris Westminster. From what I remember if you performed really well in the entrance exam then you would have a high chance to be invited to an interview. The score on the interview i think is weighted more compare to the entrance exam. And if you perform well on the interview then you would have a conditional offer, but this is mostly subject to you getting 6 or above on GCSE on top of this 7-9 on the subject chosen for A-level. Though there may consider special circumstances if you performed extremely well in the interview.
Reply 2
Hey, what were the maths questions like? Did you find them hard?
Reply 3
Original post by Likkleman lol

Hey, what were the maths questions like - did you find them hard?
Original post by 021305

Do you mean further maths because that’s the one I did.
Original post by Ting07251997
First of all well done on performing so well on your entrance exam, I have a former student from Harris Westminster. From what I remember if you performed really well in the entrance exam then you would have a high chance to be invited to an interview. The score on the interview i think is weighted more compare to the entrance exam. And if you perform well on the interview then you would have a conditional offer, but this is mostly subject to you getting 6 or above on GCSE on top of this 7-9 on the subject chosen for A-level. Though there may consider special circumstances if you performed extremely well in the interview.

Thank you very much, I was worried but thank you😊
Original post by 021305

The only one which I didn’t get was the coordinates question, that’s the only thing which I’m not familiar with, but the rest was alright
Do you have any advise for the interview? What type of questions would they ask for a biology interview?
Original post by certi_db
Do you have any advise for the interview? What type of questions would they ask for a biology interview?

No clue m8, I have my interview on the 12th, just show them that u like it a lot and they will ask u a couple questions about the subject no matter if u get right or wrong just show them that your interested in the subject

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending