The Student Room Group

History helppp urgenttttttt

Hello Guys,

So I have to complete this worksheet about Elizabethan England and I have no idea about anything because we learnt this all like two years ago and i've got to write a paragraph for this question. Can someone please give me some prompts for this question because I don't understand what the question is asking me to do and its due in tomorrow!!

1) How was England governed under Elizabeth? (I feel like there's alot to talk about but I literally have no clue:frown:

Thank you guysss really appreciate your help :smile:
Reply 1
You could talk about the aspects of local government, her privy council including key councillors, use of parliament etc. Depending on how in depth you need to go, maybe talk about changes and continuation in method of governing from her predecessors?
Hello

Use your notes for starters
Focus on British culture at that time
Explore some oddly interesting Elizabethan attitudes
Discuss various family types and so on
Research typical houses too of that specific time period in question
Reference your sources of information
Read up on the government and sports as well
Choose a topic from my list above to consider fully
Reply 3
Original post by K0302
You could talk about the aspects of local government, her privy council including key councillors, use of parliament etc. Depending on how in depth you need to go, maybe talk about changes and continuation in method of governing from her predecessors?

Also to add to this, mention religion and how far she implemented Protestantism. Mention how she reformed religious legislation from catholic to Protestant but also how she wasn’t as radical as many of her councillors wanted (could mention the development of Puritanism here too)
Also churches too
Original post by K0302
Also to add to this, mention religion and how far she implemented Protestantism. Mention how she reformed religious legislation from catholic to Protestant but also how she wasn’t as radical as many of her councillors wanted (could mention the development of Puritanism here too)

Thank you so so much!! That's honestly been so helpful and I really appreciate your help :smile: Also, I know this is a completely different question but how did the Dutch Revolt affect England?
Original post by tinygirl96
Hello

Use your notes for starters
Focus on British culture at that time
Explore some oddly interesting Elizabethan attitudes
Discuss various family types and so on
Research typical houses too of that specific time period in question
Reference your sources of information
Read up on the government and sports as well
Choose a topic from my list above to consider fully

Thank you so much for taking your time to reply, it's really appreciated:smile:
Original post by blackmangotree
Thank you so so much!! That's honestly been so helpful and I really appreciate your help :smile: Also, I know this is a completely different question but how did the Dutch Revolt affect England?

Original post by K0302

Also, how can I go into detail about the privy council, court, parliament ect.? Like ive said what they do but then how does that have an impact on how England is governed?
Reply 8

Np :smile:
The Dutch Protestants were revolting against Spanish catholic rule, so Elizabeth would have supported them and this is evident in her sending in an English army to help them revolt. At this time tensions were already v high between Spain and England due to the marriage rejection and religion so by sending an English army to the Netherlands, England and Spain were effectively at war. Elizabeth would have also supported the Dutch revolt bc it meant Spain was too preoccupied to attack England directly. The Netherlands was also important for trade.
Reply 9
Also, how can I go into detail about the privy council, court, parliament ect.? Like ive said what they do but then how does that have an impact on how England is governed?

Maybe mention how effective they were? Possibly comparing the condition of England when Elizabeth came to the throne to the condition at the end. Mention the handling of rebellions like the northern rebellion of 1569. Also Elizabeth’s selection of councillors and how effective that was.
Write about the level of effectiveness. Describe Spanish Christian influence etc as well. This is important. Focus on the tensions between the three countries. Other areas to talk about include general politics and Elizabeth I.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending