The Student Room Group

Home fees uni

Hi guys, was wondering if someone could help me out because i am really struggling to determine my fee status. My situation is as follows: EU passport with pre settled status. Came to the uk oct 2018 and left(then i lost my residency), came back on oct 2019 and i am here since then, my idea is to apply to get into a university in a course starting on nov 2022 in hopes to accomplish the 3 years residence requirements for home fees. According to what i've digged in at gov.uk for the academic year 2021/2022 would be alright my plan to get home fees, but.. a course starting on November would qualify as academic year 2021/2022?
Original post by Inpal2000
Hi guys, was wondering if someone could help me out because i am really struggling to determine my fee status. My situation is as follows: EU passport with pre settled status. Came to the uk oct 2018 and left(then i lost my residency), came back on oct 2019 and i am here since then, my idea is to apply to get into a university in a course starting on nov 2022 in hopes to accomplish the 3 years residence requirements for home fees. According to what i've digged in at gov.uk for the academic year 2021/2022 would be alright my plan to get home fees, but.. a course starting on November would qualify as academic year 2021/2022?

Hi, new applicants with pre settled status are eligible to apply for funding in the 21/22 academic year. You can find out more information here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/studying-in-the-uk-guidance-for-eu-students

You’ll need:

evidence of your pre-settled status
evidence of your identity
evidence that you have lived in the UK, Gibraltar, EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland for at least the last 3 years before your course starts

If you are stating your course in November 2022 then this is the 22/23 academic year. We can't confirm eligibility for this year yet, if you contact us in March 2022 then we will be able to advise on eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending