Reply 2
Original post by inka666vk
Should I take:
English Lang
English Lit
History
Media
Psychology

Also there’s is literally no point of taking the 2 separate English either do 1 or combined
Reply 3
Original post by Tashax2
Also there’s is literally no point of taking the 2 separate English either do 1 or combined

we don´t have combined plus I like them both. I´m not sure what I wanna do in future so taking five subjects seems like a wider opportunity
what are you gcse grades
Reply 5
In fact, take all the a level courses your school offers🤣🤣😂🤣
Reply 6
we don´t have combined plus I like them both. I´m not sure what I wanna do in future so taking five subjects seems like a wider opportunity

Don’t be surprised when you do 5 subjects and you get 5 bs instead of 3/4 with A’s , the workload for 3 is already a lot then 4 is even more but doable but 5 - just have a rough career idea like a basic one do you want to work in engineering later if there’s a possibility take physics and maths as you won’t be able to get in without them. For some degrees if you plan on going you need specific A levels so have a look at some possible Career paths . And don’t take 5 the unis won’t look at you differently and wider opportunity then facilitating subjects help
Reply 7

taking three is difficult enough as it is - taking 5 can mean you dont meet your university offers, less free time and your mental health is more likely to deteriorate. i do 4 and i strongly advise against taking more than 3 a levels unless you got more than 8 8/9s at gcse.
Reply 8
Original post by William3y5949
what are you gcse grades

I‘ve only done mocks but for history and English Land I’ve got 9 and for lit 8. We do psychology and media in A levels only
If you want to suffer even more than go ahead. I’m already struggling with 4.
Reply 10
Original post by Tashax2
Don’t be surprised when you do 5 subjects and you get 5 bs instead of 3/4 with A’s , the workload for 3 is already a lot then 4 is even more but doable but 5 - just have a rough career idea like a basic one do you want to work in engineering later if there’s a possibility take physics and maths as you won’t be able to get in without them. For some degrees if you plan on going you need specific A levels so have a look at some possible Career paths . And don’t take 5 the unis won’t look at you differently and wider opportunity then facilitating subjects help

That’s the problem Idk what to do! Maybe law! Maybe criminal psychology, maybe acting, maybe film directing
I think you’re underestimating the difficulty of A levels so if I were you I would do History Psychology and one of the English’s, probably lit
Original post by Tsrtingz
I think you’re underestimating the difficulty of A levels so if I were you I would do History Psychology and one of the English’s, probably lit

Take media as a fourth if you see yourself in a media related career and you can always drop a subject if you can’t cope with the workload :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Tsrtingz
Take media as a fourth if you see yourself in a media related career and you can always drop a subject if you can’t cope with the workload :smile:

Ye I was thinking if I take 5 I will probably drop one in year 13
i swear unis dont judge based on the number of levels.
if you think you can get A's then go ahead
That’s the problem Idk what to do! Maybe law! Maybe criminal psychology, maybe acting, maybe film directing

None of the courses that you list usually have any specific subject requirements at A-Level. An essay-based subject would be useful for Law or Film Studies.

I would not recommend taking 5 A-Levels under any circumstances. 4 is a push and usually only of benefit if you are looking at Oxbridge type places or are taking Maths+Further Maths.

Getting the best possible grades in 3 subjects will give you a much wider set of options that mediocre results in 4 or 5.
Your school most likely won’t even allow you to do 5 because of timetabling anyway -> as others have said, I think you underestimate the amount of work that alevels are, I’m struggling to manage my time with 3, let alone 5!

I understand about you wanting to keep your options open though - are there courses you could do (acting/film directing) that don’t require e.g. alevel media?

These are the facilitating subjects : biology
chemistry
English
geography
history
maths
modern and classical languages
physics

If you don’t know what to do maybe pick 2 of these and media , but again if you have a feeling you want to do into science or engineering etc then pick 2 that would allow you to do so. I think go look at a uni prospectus and have note down the subjects you’d be remotely interested it and have a look if the a levels you would pick would allow you to do the degree
Reply 18
Original post by Tashax2
These are the facilitating subjects : biology
chemistry
English
geography
history
maths
modern and classical languages
physics

If you don’t know what to do maybe pick 2 of these and media , but again if you have a feeling you want to do into science or engineering etc then pick 2 that would allow you to do so. I think go look at a uni prospectus and have note down the subjects you’d be remotely interested it and have a look if the a levels you would pick would allow you to do the degree

Thanks will do so, I‘m not really into maths and sciences, apart from biology.But I will look at uni prospectus.

Quick Reply

Latest