The Student Room Group

Interview for Radiography

So I have my first face-to-face interview over zoom on Wednesday for Radiography. I was wondering what my tone should be like? Does it need to be really professional or should I be friendly and a little light-hearted (which worked for my job interview)? e.g. can I laugh at myself if I mess up on something. I understand in the healthcare sector you should be professional but I feel like being myself will show my personality more and my ability to build rapport quickly. Any advice would be great!
Original post by pixelated19
So I have my first face-to-face interview over zoom on Wednesday for Radiography. I was wondering what my tone should be like? Does it need to be really professional or should I be friendly and a little light-hearted (which worked for my job interview)? e.g. can I laugh at myself if I mess up on something. I understand in the healthcare sector you should be professional but I feel like being myself will show my personality more and my ability to build rapport quickly. Any advice would be great!

Hi,
They mostly just want to get to know you as a person and see whether you'd be a great fit for the course. Not only will they ask you questions referring to the course, they will also ask questions about yourself to get to know you. So make sure to be confident and most importantly, be yourself! Good luck!
heya I had my first interview for radiography last week with Canterbury, they were so lovely just be yourself. I even made the mistake in forgetting my id upstairs and had to run up during my interview which I thought ruined it but they didn't mind. where are you applying? xx
Original post by amandaholten
Hi,
They mostly just want to get to know you as a person and see whether you'd be a great fit for the course. Not only will they ask you questions referring to the course, they will also ask questions about yourself to get to know you. So make sure to be confident and most importantly, be yourself! Good luck!

hey, thanks for the advice! i wasn’t too sure if they were going to be super serious or friendly so i think i’ll gage the tone when it starts! appreciate the head up
Original post by Nicoledamonte
heya I had my first interview for radiography last week with Canterbury, they were so lovely just be yourself. I even made the mistake in forgetting my id upstairs and had to run up during my interview which I thought ruined it but they didn't mind. where are you applying? xx

hey, you just reminded me to get my passport out again! 🤣 i’m applying for st. george’s, brighton, exeter and my london south bank interview is on wednesday! i hope the interviewers are nice enough lol i’ll start stumbling over my words if i’m nervous. good luck on all the interviews, i hope the offer comes through for canterbury and the rest xx
hey, you just reminded me to get my passport out again! 🤣 i’m applying for st. george’s, brighton, exeter and my london south bank interview is on wednesday! i hope the interviewers are nice enough lol i’ll start stumbling over my words if i’m nervous. good luck on all the interviews, i hope the offer comes through for canterbury and the rest xx

my interview for london south bank for therapeutic radiography is on the 27th. im so nervous
Original post by jimsy12
my interview for london south bank for therapeutic radiography is on the 27th. im so nervous

me too! mine is tomorrow and it’s my first so i’m really nervous. good luck on your interviews i’ll let you know how it goes!

I've applied to Exeter and st Georges too, maybe ill see you there If we both go to the same one :wink:, and yes I got a conditional offer from them xx
Original post by Nicoledamonte
I've applied to Exeter and st Georges too, maybe ill see you there If we both go to the same one :wink:, and yes I got a conditional offer from them xx

Hey...What types of questions did they ask for the MMI's for st george's?
me too! mine is tomorrow and it’s my first so i’m really nervous. good luck on your interviews i’ll let you know how it goes!

LSBU is my first choice too. Im applying for therapeutic radiography though
Original post by Lonelygurlx_23
Hey...What types of questions did they ask for the MMI's for st george's?

hey sorry for the late reply i hope it reaches you in time. they were mainly scenario based so work on skills in different situations that prove you have good ethics and can make discussions.
Original post by jimsy12
LSBU is my first choice too. Im applying for therapeutic radiography though

heyy, i got the offer a few hours after the interview! have you had yours yet? if not, let me know if you need a heads up
heyy, i got the offer a few hours after the interview! have you had yours yet? if not, let me know if you need a heads up

Thank you. Yes I got my offer on the evening of my interview. My offer for the 3 year course is 30 distinctions in my access course or 46 UCAS for the 4 year course with foundation year. Depending on my health I will decide which one but I am definitely going to lsbu this year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest