The Student Room Group

Friend is obsessed with me.

I am a year 11 and I made friends with this girl in late Oct 2020. She seems lonely, and is very clingy and I've told her I need space. I have to specify the length of time and she still doesn't go 3 hours without messaging me. I decided to block her and she's contacting me on my school email which the blocking function isn't available. She's really annoying me, and I've asked politely about 10 times, and she always asks for advice but then complains when she doesn't do anything. Before I blocked her I told her again that she was being clingy, and she doesn't seem to understand or something! Am I am being an *******?
Well kinda I guess anyways I know how you feel I was in that position not long ago. You need to try make her understand that you need time for yourself in a nice way because as you said she is lonely and for the clingy thing well some people are like that you can change it just talk to her and if she still does that then just end the friendship because if she was really your friend she would give the space you need and you too, try to understand her too, you don’t what is going on in her life.
Reply 2
Original post by Fantastik-em
Well kinda I guess anyways I know how you feel I was in that position not long ago. You need to try make her understand that you need time for yourself in a nice way because as you said she is lonely and for the clingy thing well some people are like that you can change it just talk to her and if she still does that then just end the friendship because if she was really your friend she would give the space you need and you too, try to understand her too, you don’t what is going on in her life.

she told me her family life is great. She says she's very creepy to some people and then I found out why. She kinda stalked my snap maps for a bit, asking me why I couldn't talk at like 1 a.m. when i was sleeping, or as soon as i came online she'd be like "OMG YES, ur back, missed u sm" even though i'd have been gone for like 40 minutes.
Original post by Anonymous
she told me her family life is great. She says she's very creepy to some people and then I found out why. She kinda stalked my snap maps for a bit, asking me why I couldn't talk at like 1 a.m. when i was sleeping, or as soon as i came online she'd be like "OMG YES, ur back, missed u sm" even though i'd have been gone for like 40 minutes.

I think I understand her.. you know maybe she never had a friend who cared about her the you did, or maybe she is depressed... The best thing to do right now I believe is talking.
One of the biggest lessons you learn as you get older is that friends have a reason and a season. If someone is incredibly irritating or if they drain you, then it’s goodbye. You’re not her therapist and you have your own problems.
I am a year 11 and I made friends with this girl in late Oct 2020. She seems lonely, and is very clingy and I've told her I need space. I have to specify the length of time and she still doesn't go 3 hours without messaging me. I decided to block her and she's contacting me on my school email which the blocking function isn't available. She's really annoying me, and I've asked politely about 10 times, and she always asks for advice but then complains when she doesn't do anything. Before I blocked her I told her again that she was being clingy, and she doesn't seem to understand or something! Am I am being an *******?

ngl i was clingy like that, but when someone told me i was clingy the first time i stopped.. since i was kinda similar i'd probably explain why (might not be the same as me) idk which one it is but i was lonely as a little kid due to bullying and i feel like this has affected me a lot.. although i wasn't clingy at first during secondary i didn't have much friends and hated being seen alone so i chilled with people for the sake of my reputation/image. also i just generally hate spending time on my own and appreciate the attention of others but since i value peoples relationships with me so much i give them space as i don't wish to lose it.

that is creepy. are you a man or woman?
Reply 7

are you male? maybe she fancies you
Reply 8
Original post by Chinese FAN
that is creepy. are you a man or woman?

im a girl
Reply 9
Original post by ANM775
are you male? maybe she fancies you

I'm a girl - so I doubt she does fancy me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending