The Student Room Group

Embarassed

I still like with my parent, I am 21 also they don't even own it either and they rent it. They split up literally like a week ago, we have moved out into this rented house and my other parent owns the other house. Im 21 and still live with my family and its rented. They are buying a house but it was just a financial issue not that they have insufficient finances its just my parents who were divorce we living together and it wasn't healthy especially during lockdown so we had to move into rented accommodation and we might have to stay for a year because the landlord. I do have insufficient funds to move out and its so embarrassing. Im a bit self conscious about it because I am bloody 21 its so embarrassing to still live with a parent at this age and when we moved it made me realise that Im 21 I should be moving out myself. Im surprised I haven't been kicked out myself yet.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Please reply
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Please reply

21 is still young ! Plenty of 21s live at home it’s acc quite common! I wouldn’t worry x
Reply 3
Original post by Tashax2
21 is still young ! Plenty of 21s live at home it’s acc quite common! I wouldn’t worry x

How is it common?
Reply 4
How is it common?

You’re 21? That’s very young I don’t know if you went uni but most people return home after uni . It’s not a huge worry at all
Reply 5
Original post by Tashax2
You’re 21? That’s very young I don’t know if you went uni but most people return home after uni . It’s not a huge worry at all

I didnt go uni
Im 23 and living at home and I dont think its anything to be embarrassed about.
I want to buy a nice house one day, so living at home is the best way to save a lot of money fast. And rent in London is expensive!
Reply 7
Original post by ScarletXxXRose
Im 23 and living at home and I dont think its anything to be embarrassed about.
I want to buy a nice house one day, so living at home is the best way to save a lot of money fast. And rent in London is expensive!

True
Please reply

what's the question?
Reply 9
I didnt go uni

21 is still young regardless - unless you’re late 20s then maybe you may feel embarrassed, are you working ?
Reply 10
I still like with my parent, I am 21 also they don't even own it either and they rent it. They split up literally like a week ago, we have moved out into this rented house and my other parent owns the other house. Im 21 and still live with my family and its rented. They are buying a house but it was just a financial issue not that they have insufficient finances its just my parents who were divorce we living together and it wasn't healthy especially during lockdown so we had to move into rented accommodation and we might have to stay for a year because the landlord. I do have insufficient funds to move out and its so embarrassing. Im a bit self conscious about it because I am bloody 21 its so embarrassing to still live with a parent at this age and when we moved it made me realise that Im 21 I should be moving out myself. Im surprised I haven't been kicked out myself yet.

nothing embarrassing about still living at home at 21. better to save your money up now so you can get a nice house/appartment sooner.
Original post by black tea
what's the question?

I'm venting
Original post by Tashax2
21 is still young regardless - unless you’re late 20s then maybe you may feel embarrassed, are you working ?

Yes I work for my dad

Original post by etohin
nothing embarrassing about still living at home at 21. better to save your money up now so you can get a nice house/appartment sooner.

Hopefully
I'm venting

so why are you asking people to reply?
so why are you asking people to reply?

Because I want people to reply
Because I want people to reply

Saying what?
what's the question?

There’s never any question
Saying what?

Any thoughts are anything

Original post by GabiAbi84
There’s never any question

Everything doesn't have to be a question
Any thoughts are anything

In that case - yes, you should move out
In that case - yes, you should move out

I have said I don't have the money, maybe if I mates could move out with me and we could get a flat but they don't want to

Quick Reply

Latest