The Student Room Group

Should I choose Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering?

Initially I chose Mechanical Engineering but after I realising that I have spent most of my life tinkering with wires and computers as well as programming more than with wrenches and welders, I don't know what to choose anymore.

Maths and Physics are my strongest subjects, so those wouldn't be an issue. As for my thinking, I can imagine machines inside my head and break them apart, kinda like animating a 3D exploded view in my head. But when it comes to electricity and electronics, I tend to struggle and I am not sure if it is even possible to think that way for those and that I might have to use a different approach.

Thanks in advance for your time!
Reply 1
Original post by ApexGhost
Initially I chose Mechanical Engineering but after I realising that I have spent most of my life tinkering with wires and computers as well as programming more than with wrenches and welders, I don't know what to choose anymore.

Maths and Physics are my strongest subjects, so those wouldn't be an issue. As for my thinking, I can imagine machines inside my head and break them apart, kinda like animating a 3D exploded view in my head. But when it comes to electricity and electronics, I tend to struggle and I am not sure if it is even possible to think that way for those and that I might have to use a different approach.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Just go with mechanical engineering,Thank you
Reply 2
Original post by Gilkiigi
Just go with mechanical engineering,Thank you

Welp, I chose Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Thanks though.

Quick Reply

Latest