The Student Room Group

English Language A Level Help!!

I'm currently in term 2 of A2 and I really feel like English is the most difficult subject; I missed a term of school which is where my class covered the language levels and frameworks! I have done independent study but I feel like I'm lacking in this area. For my Year 12 mock, I got a C, but my revised grade is an A (I don't know how that's even allowed, I get imposter syndrome just thinking about it)
Anyway, I just need some tips on how to improve my analysis techniques ASAP. How do you guys approach analysis? More Specifically, questions 1-3 in Paper 1. How do you remember the terminology and apply it? Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated. xx
Original post by 21racheltan
I'm currently in term 2 of A2 and I really feel like English is the most difficult subject; I missed a term of school which is where my class covered the language levels and frameworks! I have done independent study but I feel like I'm lacking in this area. For my Year 12 mock, I got a C, but my revised grade is an A (I don't know how that's even allowed, I get imposter syndrome just thinking about it)
Anyway, I just need some tips on how to improve my analysis techniques ASAP. How do you guys approach analysis? More Specifically, questions 1-3 in Paper 1. How do you remember the terminology and apply it? Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated. xx

Which exam board are you doing? I got an A* in English Literature a couple of years ago so I could help you
Reply 2
Original post by hello5789
Which exam board are you doing? I got an A* in English Literature a couple of years ago so I could help you

Oh no I'm doing A level English language! not Lit. (AQA) Thank you for offering though! x
hi, im also in year 12 doing language and i agree that its really hard, the essay technique is so different from GCSE.
my teacher sent these example essays, response 2 is the higher level response.
hope this helps
Reply 4
Original post by Eoioioi34
hi, im also in year 12 doing language and i agree that its really hard, the essay technique is so different from GCSE.
my teacher sent these example essays, response 2 is the higher level response.
hope this helps

Hi, thank you so much, appreciate it. I think that reading exemplar responses is a good way to revise but since Eng Lang is not as popular, its hard to get model essays.
Original post by 21racheltan
Hi, thank you so much, appreciate it. I think that reading exemplar responses is a good way to revise but since Eng Lang is not as popular, its hard to get model essays.

i would agree, its not as popular and their are less online resources to help you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending