The Student Room Group

I need help

Box contains 10 pins 3 are blue and 7 are green two pins are randomly taken out out of the box without replacement work out the probability that both pins are the same colour
The answer should be 8/15 or 0.6. Reply if you need working out or an explanation as well.
Reply 2
Original post by willethwombat

Hence P(g).P(g) or P(b).P(b) =

Original post by miagracejoy
The answer should be . Reply if you need working out or an explanation as well.

Please don't post solutions - it's against the rules of the forum! Thanks :smile:
draw tree diagrams.
Original post by davros
Please don't post solutions - it's against the rules of the forum! Thanks :smile:

UMM how is it against the rules tho? Then what's the point of the student room?
Original post by vidi2020

My thoughts exactly i thought the student room was for help? I mean this is like homework i am assuming?
Reply 6

Original post by something_orphic
My thoughts exactly i thought the student room was for help? I mean this is like homework i am assuming?

It's NOT a "do my homework" service!

Please read the sticky post at the top of the Maths forum which explains how posters should ask questions, and the best way for people to help them, (via hints and guidance).

Original post by davros
It's NOT a "do my homework" service!

Please read the sticky post at the top of the Maths forum which explains how posters should ask questions, and the best way for people to help them, (via hints and guidance).

Thank you for explaining :smile:
EXACTLY LMAO

Errrrr buddy idk who you are but no one got banned for helping people with their homework so CHILL. Also did this post mention 'do my homework'?

don't be rude
he's just stating the rules of the forum
Reply 9
EXACTLY LMAO

Errrrr buddy idk who you are but no one got banned for helping people with their homework so CHILL. Also did this post mention 'do my homework'?

If you persistently ignore requests to follow the rules, then your post may get reported and your account suspended by the mods of this forum.

I'm just giving you a friendly warning before somebody else jumps in and reports you :smile:
"The maths forum is not a place to get your homework done for you; instead of providing full solutions, we will point you in the right direction on a question so that you can reach the solution yourself and hopefully help you understand the underlying concepts better in the process, which will turn out much more useful for you in the end!"

This is what it says under the sticky thing.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by something_orphic
Thank you for explaining :smile:

No probs.

We all want to help here, and we're all volunteers giving up our free time to do it. Most people can get to the end of a problem with a few nudges in the right direction but if we just dish out the answers they don't learn anything and just come back for the same sort of help a week later!

Quick Reply

Latest