The Student Room Group

My Lecturer Told Me That She Can't Accept My Late Submission Assignment

I was given an extension by the Exceptional Factors team till the 18 of jan, so i contacted my tutor to confirm and she said it was 21 of jan, i try submitting my work today and she said she cant accept it as the extension was upto the 18

I i was told 21 by her and i wrnt according to this, i have been working really hard on this

The uni advisor had told me your not suppose to listen to your tutor as they have no say in this, i didnt know about this at all

What can i do any advise, i don't want to get a bad grade
Original post by Anonymous
I was given an extension by the Exceptional Factors team till the 18 of jan, so i contacted my tutor to confirm and she said it was 21 of jan, i try submitting my work today and she said she cant accept it as the extension was upto the 18

I i was told 21 by her and i wrnt according to this, i have been working really hard on this

The uni advisor had told me your not suppose to listen to your tutor as they have no say in this, i didnt know about this at all

As it was the Exceptional Factors team who gave you the extension, you should have double checked with them first. Have you spoken to your tutor who said the extension date was the 21st? When you ask her about this, will she do anything about this?
Reply 2
Original post by cheesecakelove
As it was the Exceptional Factors team who gave you the extension, you should have double checked with them first. Have you spoken to your tutor who said the extension date was the 21st? When you ask her about this, will she do anything about this?

Yeah i contacted my tutor, she apologised and then said she gave the wrong date by accident, she said i should have went along with ef date. And there's nothing much i could do

Thansk

Do you have what your tutor said in writing i.e. in an email? Tbh, I'm a bit confused why you didn't confirm the date with the team that gave you the date.
Reply 4
yeah ive got an email confirmation from my tutor about the 21

In regards to ef factors there was very busy and it was hard to get a proper answer

And personally i though what the tutor said goes
Reply 5
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Do you have what your tutor said in writing i.e. in an email? Tbh, I'm a bit confused why you didn't confirm the date with the team that gave you the date.

In regards to ef factors there was very busy and it was hard to get a clarity

If you knew the people who awarded the extension said 18th that was the clue, even if your tutor made a mistake.

This seems like a bit of wilful ignorance imo. Nevertheless if you appeal & provide the email as evidence I think they will likely accept it.
I agree that if you send the E-mail to the office, they might accept it. But for the future, it is your responsibility to follow the official deadline and --- if uncertain --- to be conservative (i.e. you should always submit a copy by the earliest deadline). Then, if you still have time, you can always make improvements and resubmit. But the rule is that, at university, you are responsible. So you need to make sure that you are always on the safe side.

But if you were told the 18th, why did you doubt it? As mnot says, seems a bit convenient, but if you appeal, you'll probably get it accepted.
Reply 9
I found that the new system was also hard to understand, normally you get a direct email and it is updated on the submission file, however this time it wasn't the case as they were to busy

There was just 18 as a date, i was unsure so
I asked for update twice but got no response
Then i asked my tutor who said 21

Ive always met deadlines given to me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending