The Student Room Group

Crying, what do I do

Just found out that my dad has thrown out all of my revision materials, I kept them all at my desk downstairs and needed them for now. He’s now thrown it all out and is blaming me. I’ve got exams in less than 2 months and all my paper revision materials taught me how to answer my questions. I’m self studying so now I don’t know what to do.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My old teacher is also refusing to give the revision materials as I’m not a student there
Hi

What do you want to happen ideally??
Original post by Anonymous
My old teacher is also refusing to give the revision materials as I’m not a student there

aw you must a student from 2020 from he first exam cancellations. i am.
Reply 4
Original post by Wolfbangenoff
Hi

What do you want to happen ideally??

Idk I just felt like to rant Cus I was having a nervous breakdown
Reply 5
Original post by qwertuyuyuy
aw you must a student from 2020 from he first exam cancellations. i am.

Yeah I am :/
Idk I just felt like to rant Cus I was having a nervous breakdown

Silly me, I should have know better. Slapped wrists for me. Yep, works for me writing out my frustrations for strangers as it does help. At times some really useful points.

I hope it all goes good for you.
Yeah I am :/

i did exams in october. if you ever need help ask me :smile:
Did he throw them out on purpose or by accident?
Reply 9
Original post by qwertuyuyuy
i did exams in october. if you ever need help ask me :smile:

What subjects did you do? And how were they?
Original post by mareena1
Did he throw them out on purpose or by accident?

Purpose hence why I’m upset
Purpose hence why I’m upset

Do you know why?
Don't want it to sound bad but your best chance is to get it out the bin and salvage the most you can if he did it recently. I know it's from but if you want it it's gotta be done. If he did it some time ago then there's not much you can do in afraid
Don't want it to sound bad but your best chance is to get it out the bin and salvage the most you can if he did it recently. I know it's from but if you want it it's gotta be done. If he did it some time ago then there's not much you can do in afraid

I would but he threw it out last week and the bin man took it
Just found out that my dad has thrown out all of my revision materials, I kept them all at my desk downstairs and needed them for now. He’s now thrown it all out and is blaming me. I’ve got exams in less than 2 months and all my paper revision materials taught me how to answer my questions. I’m self studying so now I don’t know what to do.

Well, perhaps this is a chance to not only make your notes again, but actively revise. Try this:
On Microsoft OneNote, or a note-takign application, make your revision notes again. As far as is possible, try and only use your memory to make your notes again. Once you complete all your notes, this will be a good indicator of how much you know, and how much you are missing. If your exams are in 2 months, I reckon you can make your notes again within 3 weeks, whereby you work for 6 days in a week for 6-8 hours. Is 108 hours enough to make your notes again? When typing them too? I believe so. This is also a wake-up call for future exams too; make your notes on a note-taking application, so that even if your device breaks, it is still saved.

Good luck!
What subjects did you do? And how were they?

for CAG's i got DDC, in math chem and bio.
had to redo all in october.
got ABB
Original post by mareena1
Do you know why?

He was mad, so I went upstairs I haven’t been revising this week until I noticed it today when I was going to revise and he didn’t say anything
Could always find pdf of your textbooks online, they exist for some exam boards. And depending on what subjects you take there are pretty good resources on topic-specific websites.
He was mad, so I went upstairs I haven’t been revising this week until I noticed it today when I was going to revise and he didn’t say anything

That's an awful and abusive thing for him to do. Which subjects do you do btw?
Exams are cancelled

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending