The Student Room Group

Petition to have private student landlords offer rent refunds

I'm thinking of starting a petiton to have private student landlords offer rent refunds. We emailed our landlord and he outright refused to give us a refund, and considering that millions of students are in this position I feel it is unfair. What do others think?
Reply 1
It would also be unfair for the landlord to give up their income because of the pandemic. Maybe a scheme with the governement subsidising student rent.

I have doubts the government would ever force landlords to give refunds, especially because of the implication that would have for the housing market as a whole.
Reply 2
Original post by Jmoore12
It would also be unfair for the landlord to give up their income because of the pandemic. Maybe a scheme with the governement subsidising student rent.

I have doubts the government would ever force landlords to give refunds, especially because of the implication that would have for the housing market as a whole.

We've already paid rent for most of the year though, this would either be a refund/ rent reduction for the final term of university

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending