The Student Room Group

How strict are your parents

So basically, I’m not even allowed my own Apple ID until I’m 18 and I just got a new phone so how am I meant to transfer everything onto my new phone like I have to share the ID with my siblings but surely that would mean I would get their data and stuff on my phone too- is anyone else’s family like this :/

Ps does anyone know a way to transfer data without ID?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So basically, I’m not even allowed my own Apple ID until I’m 18 and I just got a new phone so how am I meant to transfer everything onto my new phone like I have to share the ID with my siblings but surely that would mean I would get their data and stuff on my phone too- is anyone else’s family like this :/

Thanks

lol at least you got a phone
my parents are so strict that...
-I cant see friends outside of school
Cant leave the house unless its to help with shopping
Im 17 and dont have a phone
I am not allowed to wear tight clothes even at home
Im not allowed to get a job
If i get bad a levels ill be shipped off for marriage.

So dw ull be fine :biggrin:
Reply 2
lol at least you got a phone
my parents are so strict that...
-I cant see friends outside of school
Cant leave the house unless its to help with shopping
Im 17 and dont have a phone
I am not allowed to wear tight clothes even at home
Im not allowed to get a job
If i get bad a levels ill be shipped off for marriage.

So dw ull be fine :biggrin:

Bruh
-I can’t see friends out of school either
- cant ft constantly
-can’t leave the house unless for acc reasons
- same type of clothing like you
Sooo basically we are the same lol :eek:

Thanks

I can't Apple ID either but hey. Any way if you were to transfer data over to a new phone there will be an option when setting up to take from an iPhone nearby. basically what it does is copy everything from your old phone to your new phone. Hope this helps
Hayden
Original post by HaydenFordz
I can't Apple ID either but hey. Any way if you were to transfer data over to a new phone there will be an option when setting up to take from an iPhone nearby. basically what it does is copy everything from your old phone to your new phone. Hope this helps
Hayden

wait what's wrong with apple ID, what's their reasoning?
Original post by AnxiousNobody

they share one with siblings so they think their data will be copied over
My parents are way way way strict but sharing Apple IDS is just way to far honestly...
Reply 7
Hayden

How do you do this? But would it still work even if I’ve set my phone up without any Apple ID? Is it too late?

Idek I have to wait until I’m 18

Original post by deadroseex
My parents are way way way strict but sharing Apple IDS is just way to far honestly...

Ik idek why :/
How do you do this? But would it still work even if I’ve set my phone up without any Apple ID? Is it too late?

Idek I have to wait until I’m 18

Ik idek why :/

oh ok
would itbee possible to factory reset your phone? because I'm assuming you mean you ahem set up your new phone without Apple ID
Reply 9
oh ok
would itbee possible to factory reset your phone? because I'm assuming you mean you ahem set up your new phone without Apple ID

Yeah I could but what would that too?
Also, I was allowed to finally make an Apple ID now cos it was impossible for us to share photos, contacts, social media etc...
But now the issue is that I can’t seem to upload my photos, etc onto my new phone!!?!
It’s says ur iCloud doesn’t haven’t enough storage to back up your phone and I even tried deleting like 300 photos!!
Original post by deadroseex

I’m finally allowed to make one I kind of hinted subtly and we realised we couldn’t really share cos so much data would be copied eg photos, contacts, social media....

They said I wasn’t old enough but now they let me cos one Apple ID wasn’t really possible :woohoo:
I’m finally allowed to make one I kind of hinted subtly and we realised we couldn’t really share cos so much data would be copied eg photos, contacts, social media....

They said I wasn’t old enough but now they let me cos one Apple ID wasn’t really possible :woohoo:

Yay I'm glad it worked out.
Yay I'm glad it worked out.

I’m so sorry to hear that, I hope ur okay x
My parents are way way way strict but sharing Apple IDS is just way to far honestly
Original post by rommroma557
My parents are way way way strict but sharing Apple IDS is just way to far honestly

Same aha, but I’m finally allowed to have one now after years :yay: cos it’s just not possible to share an Apple ID cos it would be difficult to share photos and not everyone’s social media would be backedup! :smile:
- Can’t call/ft
- No phone at night
- Can’t bring a bf/gf upstairs and can’t be left in the house or a non-public place alone with them
- Can’t buy friends Christmas/Bday presents
- No swearing and gets annoyed if you watch anything with swearing
- No sleepovers
- No excessively going out with friends ie a few times a year
- no staying in your room for longer than necessary
- no privacy (ie if I had a diary that I said was private they would totally read it)
- constantly asks who you’re messaging and then asks questions about them (probably to check it is them you’re talking to idk)
- no bikinis
Original post by MiriamL
- Can’t call/ft
- No phone at night
- Can’t bring a bf/gf upstairs and can’t be left in the house or a non-public place alone with them
- Can’t buy friends Christmas/Bday presents
- No swearing and gets annoyed if you watch anything with swearing
- No sleepovers
- No excessively going out with friends ie a few times a year
- no staying in your room for longer than necessary
- no privacy (ie if I had a diary that I said was private they would totally read it)
- constantly asks who you’re messaging and then asks questions about them (probably to check it is them you’re talking to idk)
- no bikinis

Me too sis me too. Tho some of them I wouldn’t do anyway cos of my religion but the others such as ft and staying in ur room I understand x
Yeah I could but what would that too?
Also, I was allowed to finally make an Apple ID now cos it was impossible for us to share photos, contacts, social media etc...
But now the issue is that I can’t seem to upload my photos, etc onto my new phone!!?!
It’s says ur iCloud doesn’t haven’t enough storage to back up your phone and I even tried deleting like 300 photos!!

If you have a Mac you can back it up to computer storage :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending