The Student Room Group

relationships/talking stage

iv been talking to this guy for 2 months now, and hes retaking his GCSE maths and english so he told me he wouldnt be active on any social media plate forms. i messaged him and started and convo i was like hi and he was like you ok then i asked what he was doing and so far he has left me on delievered for 2 hours, and im getting mixed signels as last night he told me "i love you" and now hes leaving me on delievered. what should i do? please help
he's obviously busy is all
Reply 2
2 hours is nothing also he loves you but, your just talking not in a relationship? after 2 months
Original post by amy bernardi
iv been talking to this guy for 2 months now, and hes retaking his GCSE maths and english so he told me he wouldnt be active on any social media plate forms. i messaged him and started and convo i was like hi and he was like you ok then i asked what he was doing and so far he has left me on delievered for 2 hours, and im getting mixed signels as last night he told me "i love you" and now hes leaving me on delievered. what should i do? please help

I've been in this situation with the same person for months now but one piece of advice I can give you is don't go all in and don't respond super quickly. I know it sounds bad but you have to match energy. My issue was, I was always there when she needed me and I was always messaging her with loads of energy and she didn't give that back most of the time and it ended up getting me into a sticky situation as now its like a 90/10 sorta thing. Match his energy, don't over commit but also don't just ignore him. Also 2 hours isn't a large amount of time to be left on delivered for, I've been left for 6 days before don't worry.
Original post by ng11
2 hours is nothing also he loves you but, your just talking not in a relationship? after 2 months

yeah we wanted to take things slow, he didnt want to date me while hes not as active. i just miss him
Reply 5
He said he would be busy and not active on social media. He likely thought you understood that and was concerned when you randomly messaged him, hence the "are you okay?". He realized you are fine and just wanted a chat once you asked what he was doing, so he left you on read and is now prioritizing his studies -as he should-.
Im not really sure what you're confused about?
Original post by spork232ca
I've been in this situation with the same person for months now but one piece of advice I can give you is don't go all in and don't respond super quickly. I know it sounds bad but you have to match energy. My issue was, I was always there when she needed me and I was always messaging her with loads of energy and she didn't give that back most of the time and it ended up getting me into a sticky situation as now its like a 90/10 sorta thing. Match his energy, don't over commit but also don't just ignore him. Also 2 hours isn't a large amount of time to be left on delivered for, I've been left for 6 days before don't worry.

thanks, your a life saver. thanks for helping
Reply 7
yeah we wanted to take things slow, he didnt want to date me while hes not as active. i just miss him

I don’t know the situation but just know saying I love you early on is a red flag
Original post by ng11
I don’t know the situation but just know saying I love you early on is a red flag

but its been two months of talking tho?
Reply 9
but its been two months of talking tho?

When did you / he say I love you?
Last night. And we started talking on the 8th of November
thanks, your a life saver. thanks for helping

No worries any other issues just let me know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest