The Student Room Group

Can I get accepted?

I will be 21 soon and the thought of going back to college scares me because I financially couldn’t afford it. I just submitted my application for a foundation degree in public services South Wales.
I have the following grades
5 GCSE ( c grade, English,maths, science)
BTEC level 3 90 credit diploma (PP, I was young and didn’t have much ambition)
I do not meet the requirement as I’ve been told they are looking for a merit whereas I only got a PP
However they are looking for only 3 GCSE yet I have 5.

Is there a chance I can get accepted?
How long ago did you complete the BTEC?
Original post by Admit-One
How long ago did you complete the BTEC?

I completed it back in 2017 so it has been a while
Original post by Lukerudd4520
I completed it back in 2017 so it has been a while

The reason I ask is that sometimes uni’s will need evidence of recent study. They each decide what that might be, typically within the last 3-5yrs. You can usually check with them ahead of applying but I appreciate that your app is sent now.

With regards to whether you might get an offer even though you’re below the standard offer, it’s possible. Foundation degrees tend to be a bit more pragmatic about your whole profile, (as they’re aimed at returners to study, or folks with a mixed bag of qualifications), so long as you meet the minimum Eng and Maths requirements. How strict they are will probably be determined by how many applicants they get versus how many places they have, which is out of your control. Either way, the hard part is done so it’s just a case of waiting and seeing now.
Original post by Admit-One
The reason I ask is that sometimes uni’s will need evidence of recent study. They each decide what that might be, typically within the last 3-5yrs. You can usually check with them ahead of applying but I appreciate that your app is sent now.

With regards to whether you might get an offer even though you’re below the standard offer, it’s possible. Foundation degrees tend to be a bit more pragmatic about your whole profile, (as they’re aimed at returners to study, or folks with a mixed bag of qualifications), so long as you meet the minimum Eng and Maths requirements. How strict they are will probably be determined by how many applicants they get versus how many places they have, which is out of your control. Either way, the hard part is done so it’s just a case of waiting and seeing now.

I have been on a online chat with workers from usw and he told me that it is unlikely for me to get accepted but it’s not impossible. Also that there is plenty of spaces left at the moment for the course I want.

I appreciate your reply!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending