The Student Room Group

LAE just changed their entry requirements!

:smile:)))
(edited 3 years ago)
thats harsh - i would love to do further maths but the thing is that my gcse were cancelled and i done **** in my mocks as i just couldnt be bothered (got an 8 predicted ) i just hope i am given the oppotunity to prove myself as ive never revised for maths before but ik that if i did revise i would almost certainly get a nine
Reply 2
Original post by NemesisVIG_
thats harsh - i would love to do further maths but the thing is that my gcse were cancelled and i done **** in my mocks as i just couldnt be bothered (got an 8 predicted ) i just hope i am given the oppotunity to prove myself as ive never revised for maths before but ik that if i did revise i would almost certainly get a nine

That's my worry too! I did very badly in my mocks which brought my predicted down to a 7. Now that exams are cancelled I don't know how I'll get higher than that. I don't want to do FM but I want to do chem (and perhaps maths as my fourth) which would require an 8!
Original post by ca_1234
That's my worry too! I did very badly in my mocks which brought my predicted down to a 7. Now that exams are cancelled I don't know how I'll get higher than that. I don't want to do FM but I want to do chem (and perhaps maths as my fourth) which would require an 8!

dont worry. U can prove urself in future exams i just hope the next exams that we are going to do after lockdown significantly affects your total grade as i really want a nine. Also i got interviews in Kings MAths school so LAE is my second choice anyways so i just hope i get into Kings
also if u consistantly get 9s in the next exams u can probly get in. Just try ur hardest and do good in ur future HWs
Reply 5
also if u consistantly get 9s in the next exams u can probly get in. Just try ur hardest and do good in ur future HWs

Yeah it's just a really big shame that the one exam I do badly in brought my grade down. My other grades are 99999988 (humble flex) so I hope I'm able to bring that Maths grade up...

dont worry. U can prove urself in future exams i just hope the next exams that we are going to do after lockdown significantly affects your total grade as i really want a nine. Also i got interviews in Kings MAths school so LAE is my second choice anyways so i just hope i get into Kings

LAE is my first choice so I am trying reallyyyyy hard to get in. My brother went to King's Maths actually, it's for the tough cookies! I hope you get in there if that's where you'd like to go x
thx
Reply 7
Original post by ca_1234
I just checked their admissions policy and they've increased some of their entry requirements. I'm not sure of all of them because I only checked some of the subjects but I know that now you need an 8 in maths to do chemistry (even though you only need a 7 in chemistry which doesn't quite make sense to me), a 7 in maths if you're studying it with a humanity or social science but an 8 if you want to study it with chem and/or physics, a 9 in maths for further maths. Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head but please check their website for the updated requirements!

I just emailed them, and they said these are the entry requirements for enrollment day, not for the application we are sending now. The application's entry requirements are slightly lower, so more of us can apply.
Reply 8
Original post by GYA21
I just emailed them, and they said these are the entry requirements for enrollment day, not for the application we are sending now. The application's entry requirements are slightly lower, so more of us can apply.

Yeah I emailed them too and they said the same thing- they'll only apply those higher requirements on enrolment day for those who receive a conditional offer. I just hope i get a conditional offer, it's my first choice school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending