The Student Room Group

Brother getting too many take aways

We are getting quite concerned with my brothers eating, I know it might not be my problem but if I was eating a lot of takeaways then he would be worried about me like he's mentioned about my drinking before. He eats fast food quite regularly KFC or McDonald's which is very junk. I don't know what tge hype is KFC and McDonald's because KFC is absolutely disgusting and McDonald's isn't really the best either. Macdonalds and KFC are extremely overrated people get them thinking being fast and quick which isn't always the case. Myself like I hate KFC like I did a post this morning saying this, KFC is absolutely disgusting and i refuse to touch that stuff.

Anyway I'm just worried about my brothers eating because he's going to end up in an early grave tge way he's going on, my family not told him that but I have suggested reduce the take aways because he thinks every time he gets a deal from* ****ing ubereats or whatever he thinks he has to get it. He's just turned 18 years old. My parents are also trying to get him to reduce it as well but he doesn't listen. Today he got a Domino's and loads of sides with it and he's had a takeaway every single day this week.

Scroll to see replies

(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by GabiAbi84
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=93231610

Try looking at the answers to the last time you posted this 🙄

Yes we have tried things what people suggested but he still continues
Original post by Anonymous
Yes we have tried things what people suggested but he still continues

So...?
He’s an adult.

Just because you don’t like takeaways doesn’t mean you get to judge others.
Concentrate on your own issues.
(edited 3 years ago)
We are getting quite concerned with my brothers eating, I know it might not be my problem but if I was eating a lot of takeaways then he would be worried about me like he's mentioned about my drinking before. He eats fast food quite regularly KFC or McDonald's which is very junk. I don't know what tge hype is KFC and McDonald's because KFC is absolutely disgusting and McDonald's isn't really the best either. Macdonalds and KFC are extremely overrated people get them thinking being fast and quick which isn't always the case. Myself like I hate KFC like I did a post this morning saying this, KFC is absolutely disgusting and i refuse to touch that stuff.

Anyway I'm just worried about my brothers eating because he's going to end up in an early grave tge way he's going on, my family not told him that but I have suggested reduce the take aways because he thinks every time he gets a deal from* ****ing ubereats or whatever he thinks he has to get it. He's just turned 18 years old. My parents are also trying to get him to reduce it as well but he doesn't listen. Today he got a Domino's and loads of sides with it and he's had a takeaway every single day this week.

tell him he looks like a frog? or take a pic of him eating and send it to him
Reply 5
So...?
He’s an adult.

But if he continues to eat like this he's going to end up in an early grave weather he's an adult or not
Reply 6
So...?
He’s an adult.

Just because you don’t like takeaways doesn’t mean you get to judge others.
Concentrate on your own issues.

You concentrate on your own business, my family are my business, you are just some random person on the internet
Reply 7
Original post by qwertuyuyuy
tell him he looks like a frog? or take a pic of him eating and send it to him

Alright
Is this something that's come on recently or has it been building for a while?

At a guess (and it's only a guess) if its come on recently (recently being since March) I would have thought it's comfort eating with all the lockdowns going on, maybe he's bored and is eating as it's something to do, I have no magic solution, but I find myself if I lose interest in what I'm doing and want to get away from my desk, I head to the kitchen, becauase it's cold outside and there's nothing else to do.
Reply 9

kfc is nice man......., i got the bucket deal for £5.99 once. ended up having to throw some of it away the next day because i couldn't eat it all before it would have gone off..... but yeah it's not healthy, he shouldn't have it often. kfc/pizza hut/mc donalds shouldn't be eaten any more than twice a month tops imo.....
Is this something that's come on recently or has it been building for a while?

At a guess (and it's only a guess) if its come on recently (recently being since March) I would have thought it's comfort eating with all the lockdowns going on, maybe he's bored and is eating as it's something to do, I have no magic solution, but I find myself if I lose interest in what I'm doing and want to get away from my desk, I head to the kitchen, becauase it's cold outside and there's nothing else to do.

I think its been a while
Original post by ANM775
kfc is nice man......., i got the bucket deal for £5.99 once. ended up having to throw some of it away the next day because i couldn't eat it all before it would have gone off..... but yeah it's not healthy, he shouldn't have it often. kfc/pizza hut/mc donalds shouldn't be eaten any more than twice a month tops imo.....

You couldn't eat it all because KFC is disgusting. Its not nice at all. Yes exactly
Reply 12
You couldn't eat it all because KFC is disgusting. Its not nice at all. Yes exactly

No.
I couldn't eat it all because there was like 9 pieces of chicken there, and only 1 of me.....

kfc tastes good, but it's overpriced and unhealthy which is the reason i rarely go. i hope you are not telling your brother kfc is disgusting ...because that is not going to turn him away from it. he clearly likes it, and you saying that isn't going to make much difference!

tbh though he is an adult, and other than warn him about the dangers of unhealthy eating ..i don't think there's really much else you can do. if he wants to become a fat b******d then he's gonna become a fat b******d and there's not a lot you can do about it at the end of the day
Reply 13
You sound like you are investing much too much time into his life. His choices are not your issues, in the end they will be his.
Original post by ANM775
No.
I couldn't eat it all because there was like 9 pieces of chicken there, and only 1 of me.....

kfc tastes good, but it's overpriced and unhealthy which is the reason i rarely go. i hope you are not telling your brother kfc is disgusting ...because that is not going to turn him away from it. he clearly likes it, and you saying that isn't going to make much difference!

tbh though he is an adult, and other than warn him about the dangers of unhealthy eating ..i don't think there's really much else you can do. if he wants to become a fat b******d then he's gonna become a fat b******d and there's not a lot you can do about it at the end of the day

Kfc is disgusting and that's it.

I guess if he wants to end up in a early grave then he can carry on

Your brother clearly doesn't think KFC is disgusting...

He is an adult, you can't tell him what to do. Accept it, move on and look after your own health.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
You sound like you are investing much too much time into his life. His choices are not your issues, in the end they will be his.

His choices aren't your issues either, im trying to keep a family member healthy. If its not even my issue then it must be even less of your issue
Original post by black tea
Your brother clearly doesn't think KFC is disgusting...

He is an adult, you can't tell him what to do. Accept it, move on and look after your own health.

But I don't want to lose my brother at an early age
Reply 18
But I don't want to lose my brother at an early age

You're going to lose him even earlier if he gets fed up with your pestering and cuts contact...
Original post by LovelyMrFox
You're going to lose him even earlier if he gets fed up with your pestering and cuts contact...

Sorry what has this got to do with you?
Also if you are that nosey i mean I'm worried about him dying. Anyway mind your own business you are pestering me

Quick Reply

Latest