The Student Room Group

Alevel subject selection

Hi I need urgent help ASAP.My subs are economics and law and I have to choose between history or business.I’ll either be studying in the UK or US.Plus I’ll be doing anything in the future except engineering or medicine etc as u can see from my subs...so please help me out and like also a subject amongst those which universities prefer aswell.Some say business is an unacceptable Alevel which I don’t even think is true .Thought i know that grades trump subject combination in Alevels.Also I want to know that can I take Economics,history and law and get admission into a business major course or will I need business Alevel for that.
You don't necessarily need business for a business degree, but if that's the field you want to go into then I'd suggest choosing business. History is good if you want to apply to degrees that are essay based.
Reply 2
Original post by Ahad67767
Hi I need urgent help ASAP.My subs are economics and law and I have to choose between history or business.I’ll either be studying in the UK or US.Plus I’ll be doing anything in the future except engineering or medicine etc as u can see from my subs...so please help me out and like also a subject amongst those which universities prefer aswell.Some say business is an unacceptable Alevel which I don’t even think is true .Thought i know that grades trump subject combination in Alevels.Also I want to know that can I take Economics,history and law and get admission into a business major course or will I need business Alevel for that.

Hi, there are several unis that do not tend to like business and economics taken as they’re too similar. To avoid any hinderance maybe take history. You can get into any field with any degree, just as long as it’s a good one. Hope this helps
Reply 3
yes but it’s law enough to fill the essay void plus economics also have essay length questions.And guys grades matter more right like 3As or A*s would be better than 2As 1 B or 1A 2Bs
(edited 3 years ago)
Have I thought of taking maths a level as a third option?

Quick Reply

Latest