The Student Room Group

Do universities change their mind on rejections

I've just been rejected from studying architecture at university. On Ucas it said that my portfolio was not up to standard. Is it possible for them to change their mind if I email them?
Original post by mman80567
I've just been rejected from studying architecture at university. On Ucas it said that my portfolio was not up to standard. Is it possible for them to change their mind if I email them?

It's possible but unlikely.

You could ask if it is possible to resubmit your portfolio later (especially if covid has affected your access to some of your work).

Which university rejected you?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
It's possible but unlikely.

You could ask if it is possible to resubmit your portfolio later (especially if covid has affected your access to some of your work).

Which university rejected you?

Loughborough and that university was the only university that I applied to that I liked and wanted to go to. And if I was to resubmit what would you recommend I add?
Loughborough and that university was the only university that I applied to that I liked and wanted to go to. And if I was to resubmit what would you recommend I add?

You'd need to get feedback from them about what was lacking from your portfolio.

IF you really like Loughborough (and they're not able/willing to reconsider and they're not open in Clearing and willing to accept a resubmitted portfolio) then look into taking an Art & Design Foundation Diploma at a local FE college to build your portfolio up more and reapply for 2022 entry. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5017684
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
You'd need to get feedback from them about what was lacking from your portfolio.

IF you really like Loughborough (and they're not able/willing to reconsider and they're not open in Clearing and willing to accept a resubmitted portfolio) then look into taking an Art & Design Foundation Diploma at a local FE college to build your portfolio up more and reapply for 2022 entry. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5017684

okay thank you so much for the advice
okay thank you so much for the advice

Hi @mman80567

Good advice there from @PQ

Get back in touch with them, ask for constructive feedback and how you can go forward from here. We offer Art & Design foundation at Lboro too, so that's a possible option.

However, the most important thing is to have a conversation with them first and see the best route for you to take if if you are set on coming to Loughborough.

Hope that helps :smile:
Vicky

For this type of thing generally unlikely to happen, it is generally not for the applicant to question an academics academic judgment.
(They also have to consider they don't want to set a precedent where every reject starts questioning the decision).

That said their is really no harm in trying and seeing what they say. If they say no, no harm done, if they yes then you get reconsideration.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending