The Student Room Group

best store/s to buy university essentials- uk

good evening, am starting to get my uni list sorted, as i am planning to start uni in september 2022. wondered if anyone had any advice/ ideas on where to get uni stuff, thats not too costly.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Levi-Jai
good evening, am starting to get my uni list sorted, as i am planning to start uni either 2021 or 2022. wondered if anyone had any advice/ ideas on where to get uni stuff, thats not too costly.

B&M, Home Bargains, supermarkets, IKEA and The Range.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
B&M, Home Bargains, supermarkets, IKEA and The Range.

thankyou x
good evening, am starting to get my uni list sorted, as i am planning to start uni either 2021 or 2022. wondered if anyone had any advice/ ideas on where to get uni stuff, thats not too costly.

Hey @Levi-Jai!

I personally went to wilko and ikea when I was buying things for uni!
The supermarkets are also really good for finding cheap things and for bedding etc :smile:

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep

Hey @Levi-Jai

I packed the essentials to take with me when I moved away to uni but also found it useful to have a printer in my room if I needed to print out coursework. I also wanted homely things such as a few of my favourite mugs, pictures for my room etc. I didn't actually do a shop for kitchen utensils until I moved as I wanted to see what the accommodation had provided for us e.g. kettle, toaster. The Range had a great selection of little extras for your room and B&M is really cheap for bathroom essentials too :smile:

Melissa- Student Ambassador
Reply 5
Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Hey @Levi-Jai

I packed the essentials to take with me when I moved away to uni but also found it useful to have a printer in my room if I needed to print out coursework. I also wanted homely things such as a few of my favourite mugs, pictures for my room etc. I didn't actually do a shop for kitchen utensils until I moved as I wanted to see what the accommodation had provided for us e.g. kettle, toaster. The Range had a great selection of little extras for your room and B&M is really cheap for bathroom essentials too :smile:

thankyou x
Reply 6
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hey @Levi-Jai!

I personally went to wilko and ikea when I was buying things for uni!
The supermarkets are also really good for finding cheap things and for bedding etc :smile:

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep

thankyou x
Reply 7
Hey @Levi-Jai

do you know anywhere i can get cheap plastic boxes to put my stuff in?
do you know anywhere i can get cheap plastic boxes to put my stuff in?

Hi!

I'm not sure what size you're looking for, but I bought the ones I use from Wilko. They're pretty sturdy, I think they've got a few sizes available too (their website is here (https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/storage/storage-boxes/c/445), the first couple are a little expensive but they have some smaller options below.

Is that what you're looking for?

Cameron
Reply 9
Hi!

I'm not sure what size you're looking for, but I bought the ones I use from Wilko. They're pretty sturdy, I think they've got a few sizes available too (their website is here (https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/storage/storage-boxes/c/445), the first couple are a little expensive but they have some smaller options below.

Is that what you're looking for?

Cameron

perfect, thankyou x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending