The Student Room Group

Favourite Mario game?

My fave is Sunshine, hot take I know. I love the holiday setting and it's so nostalgic for me. I'm likely just seeing it through rose-tinted glasses, but still

Scroll to see replies

Mario Galaxy. I haven't played Galaxy 2 yet.

Also Mario 3, partly because I can finish it, while Mario 1 was one of my first games even if it is unbeatable.

Hated Sunshine.
This may be recency bias but Odyssey
Mario 64 - Probably purely for nostalgia.
Reply 4
Original post by ozzyoscy
Mario Galaxy. I haven't played Galaxy 2 yet.

Also Mario 3, partly because I can finish it, while Mario 1 was one of my first games even if it is unbeatable.

Hated Sunshine.

Yeah I can see why you hated Sunshine lol, it's pretty hit-or-miss. I really like the Galaxy games as well, was tempted to pick them as my faves initially
Reply 5
Original post by Stephan0
This may be recency bias but Odyssey

Odyssey was fantastic too, particularly the Metro Kingdom imo
Reply 6
Original post by MidgetFever

I loved the excitement of finding a new stage in 64. intense nostalgia
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins for me, though that's largely boosted by nostalgia. 64 and 3D land were also fantastic.
Mario Kart DS because of all the minigame challenges (can't remember what they were officially called)

Edit: missions!
(edited 3 years ago)
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I know that's kinda weird one but honest to God I could still play it now and love it xD
Super Mario World

Levels and worlds with a great range of different themes, designs, enemies and remarkable variation of Yoshi's with different skills you get in a secret stage. It is the most popular SNES game not for nothing!

Original post by MidgetFever

It is my second favorite game. Nostalgia is the main reason.
Original post by sunny693
My fave is Sunshine, hot take I know. I love the holiday setting and it's so nostalgic for me. I'm likely just seeing it through rose-tinted glasses, but still

i flip flop between galaxy and odyssey but truthfully i love both, i just adore the grand feel of galaxy but odyssey is plain fun yknow, getting 3d world next month so i might like that more but i dont think itll grab me as much as odyssey or galaxy
Super Mario Bros. 3 for nostalgic reasons
the one with Luigi i think. hard choice ngl.
Super Mario Bros - Deluxe
Probably Super Mario Galaxy.
Original post by qwertuyuyuy
the one with Luigi i think. hard choice ngl.

Super Mario World? Super Mario Bros. parts? don't know games with Luigi as playable character. Or did you mean a game with Luigi as playable main character?
Original post by Kallisto
Super Mario World? Super Mario Bros. parts? don't know games with Luigi as playable character. Or did you mean a game with Luigi as playable main character?

(that was a joke)

Spoiler

Original post by Arthur_Morgan
Super Mario Bros. 3 for nostalgic reasons

That was the game with the flying ships, if I am right. My favorite part, not only because of the nostalgia.
Original post by Kallisto
That was the game with the flying ships, if I am right. My favorite part, not only because of the nostalgia.

:yep:

Quick Reply

Latest