The Student Room Group
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website

Dietetics and Nutrition

Hey,
I've got my interview next week very nervous! Anyone got some tips and advice please?
Also the NHS core values I have been researching and there is a slight different in Wales? Should mention both?
Thanks!
Original post by Zoemarie22
Hey,
I've got my interview next week very nervous! Anyone got some tips and advice please?
Also the NHS core values I have been researching and there is a slight different in Wales? Should mention both?
Thanks!

Hey @Zoemarie22,

Thank you for your message, I hope you're keeping yourself safe at this time.

First of all, congrats on getting your interview!

As a current Dietetic student, I feel confident to answer your question having been in a similar situation when I first started out! I noticed on the Cardiff Met University website that your course is accredited by the HCPC and the BDA, so rest assured that the core values that you learn will be appropriate for you while you're studying - this is the same for mine too. There may be a slight variation in Wales, but you will learn them and it's not necessary for you to know all of them now.

In terms of general tips and advice for interviews, you are more than likely to be a variety range of questions related to Dietetics that will cover the core values, qualities associated with Dietitians, having an understanding of Dietetics, what kind of qualities/skills you have that would make you a successful Dietitian, identify skills where you want to improve on and why, why you want to become a Dietitian and your general understanding of what a Dietitian does. You may be asked scenario questions where there are no right or wrong answers - these questions tend to assess your thinking and how you go about answering the questions.

The best advice I can give is to be yourself, remind yourself why you want to study and become a Dietitian, and allow your personality to show in the interview because the tutors want to see you for you.

In preparation for your interview, you can look on the British Dietetic Association website to find out more information and read through the HCPC standards for the core values, ethics, and standards that Dietitians must abide by. While you are a Dietetic student, you may become familiar with the HCPC guidance on conduct and ethics - this is also a useful read as it's tailored to students.

I hope this helps, if you would like to ask any other questions feel free to do so! There is an official Dietetics Thread with Dietetic applicants where students are sharing their experiences and asking questions which may help you if you haven't read some of the posts.
I've also posted a few messages in response to others so you can read through them to see if they help :smile:

Veronica
Dietetics and Human Nutrition Student
(edited 3 years ago)
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hey @Zoemarie22,

Thank you for your message, I hope you're keeping yourself safe at this time.

First of all, congrats on getting your interview!

As a current Dietetic student, I feel confident to answer your question having been in a similar situation when I first started out! I noticed on the Cardiff Met University website that your course is accredited by the HCPC and the BDA, so rest assured that the core values that you learn will be appropriate for you while you're studying - this is the same for mine too. There may be a slight variation in Wales, but you will learn them and it's not necessary for you to know all of them now.

In terms of general tips and advice for interviews, you are more than likely to be a variety range of questions related to Dietetics that will cover the core values, qualities associated with Dietitians, having an understanding of Dietetics, what kind of qualities/skills you have that would make you a successful Dietitian, identify skills where you want to improve on and why, why you want to become a Dietitian and your general understanding of what a Dietitian does. You may be asked scenario questions where there are no right or wrong answers - these questions tend to assess your thinking and how you go about answering the questions.

The best advice I can give is to be yourself, remind yourself why you want to study and become a Dietitian, and allow your personality to show in the interview because the tutors want to see you for you.

In preparation for your interview, you can look on the British Dietetic Association website to find out more information and read through the HCPC standards for the core values, ethics, and standards that Dietitians must abide by. While you are a Dietetic student, you may become familiar with the HCPC guidance on conduct and ethics - this is also a useful read as it's tailored to students.

I hope this helps, if you would like to ask any other questions feel free to do so! There is an official Dietetics Thread with Dietetic applicants where students are sharing their experiences and asking questions which may help you if you haven't read some of the posts.
I've also posted a few messages in response to others so you can read through them to see if they help :smile:

Veronica

Thank you so so much for your advice that is really helpful! Im so nervous I'm worried I'm going to forget what to say haha!

This is my only uni so fingers crossed 🤞
Original post by Zoemarie22
Thank you so so much for your advice that is really helpful! Im so nervous I'm worried I'm going to forget what to say haha!

This is my only uni so fingers crossed 🤞

Hi @Zoemarie22,

You're welcome :smile:

I wish you all the best with your interview and I hope everything turns out as you wish!

Veronica

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending