The Student Room Group

TSR Signature

Was looking through the profile options and stuff today on TSR and stumbled across the signature you can make to go with your posts. Is this an old thing because I haven't seen one on any posts. Does the function even work anymore? Also, what about the membership/subscribers. Does that exist anymore?
Original post by MiriamL
Was looking through the profile options and stuff today on TSR and stumbled across the signature you can make to go with your posts. Is this an old thing because I haven't seen one on any posts. Does the function even work anymore? Also, what about the membership/subscribers. Does that exist anymore?

oh i've seen that too. Cant tell how it works tho
They were removed some years ago along with paid subscriptions.
Original post by DiddyDec
They were removed some years ago along with paid subscriptions.

Ah ok, how come the page for it still exists then?
Original post by MiriamL
Ah ok, how come the page for it still exists then?

TSR still has a lot of outdated pages that haven't been removed or updated.
TSR still has a lot of outdated pages that haven't been removed or updated.

Fair enough. Tbh TSR is probably insanely hard to run. Lots of moderation and stuff.
Reply 6
It's visible on the old layout, there's a little button on the bottom right of the post that you click, only Forum Helpers & volunteer team still have access to the old layout since initially you couldn't move threads or really do any moderation on the new one.

It's a shame that signatures weren't carried over, because I'm bloody proud of mine :colone:

For the curious: https://gyazo.com/721de14402ce2039c81e1a78d4eb9232
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Sinnoh
It's visible on the old layout, there's a little button on the bottom right of the post that you click, only Forum Helpers & volunteer team still have access to the old layout since initially you couldn't move threads or really do any moderation on the new one.

It's a shame that signatures weren't carried over, because I'm bloody proud of mine :colone:

Old layout is best layout.

I feel the same way about the "About Me", they removed image support :emo:
Reply 8
Old layout is best layout.

I feel the same way about the "About Me", they removed image support :emo:

They removed image support for all pages on the old layout, profiles and thread lists on forums are still the old layout
Original post by Sinnoh

For the curious: https://gyazo.com/721de14402ce2039c81e1a78d4eb9232

Ngl that is amazing :lol:
Original post by MiriamL

Does it not show?
Signatures are still visible via PM, so not completely gone. :smile:

They were not included in the current thread page design owing to simplicity and load speed.
Original post by 04MR17

They were not included in the current thread page design owing to simplicity and load speed.

Ah ok, that's nice to know. When did the new design come about. I joined May 2019 but only been properly active since December 2020.
Original post by MiriamL
Ah ok, that's nice to know. When did the new design come about. I joined May 2019 but only been properly active since December 2020.

Sometime in 2018 I believe, or at least - that's when the BETA phase began.
Having said that, according to the buttons on my screen the BETA phase is still going so. :dontknow:
Original post by 04MR17
Sometime in 2018 I believe, or at least - that's when the BETA phase began.
Having said that, according to the buttons on my screen the BETA phase is still going so. :dontknow:

I remembered it being on ST1 but not ST2 :iiam: I wonder if signatures are on the wayback machine
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by 04MR17

Still loads slower than ST1 :rolleyes:
Original post by Sinnoh
Still loads slower than ST1 :rolleyes:
That may be true on your device but it wasn't when it was made. Try clearing your cache. :wink:

Original post by Chronoscope
I remembered it being on ST1 but not ST2 :iiam: I wonder if signatures are on the wayback machine
They should be I think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending