The Student Room Group

Teacher trainee clothing

I have a training session on Friday. It’s my first time at the school. I lost a lot of weight recently as I’ve been poorly. So not many of the things I would wear look right and I haven’t had the time to buy anything.

I used to wear a long black smock dress with check print, tights and heeled black boots

Will this be suitable for the training session? I looked at what some teachers wear online on their Facebook pages and most wear printed and coloured tops etc.

I’m completely covered in my outfit. Will it be ok
Original post by SS123456
I have a training session on Friday. It’s my first time at the school. I lost a lot of weight recently as I’ve been poorly. So not many of the things I would wear look right and I haven’t had the time to buy anything.

I used to wear a long black smock dress with check print, tights and heeled black boots

Will this be suitable for the training session? I looked at what some teachers wear online on their Facebook pages and most wear printed and coloured tops etc.

That outfit would be absolutely fine, I usually wear dresses and tights or blouses and trousers. As long as you feel comfortable and look professional, then that is fine.

Verity :smile:
Original post by SS123456

That sounds fine- training sessions tend to be a bit more casual anyway. I'm assuming you're not going to in person training in the current situation, so I would only worry about your top half being smart!
Original post by SarcAndSpark
That sounds fine- training sessions tend to be a bit more casual anyway. I'm assuming you're not going to in person training in the current situation, so I would only worry about your top half being smart!

Hello it is going to be in person later this week
Original post by paperclip90
Hello it is going to be in person later this week

For the whole staff?
Original post by SarcAndSpark
For the whole staff?

15 of us
Original post by paperclip90
15 of us

Oh, ok, that's a bit more reasonable.

I wouldn't be keen on doing much in person training at the moment, though. I'd check with your uni whether it's appropriate to be asked to go into school for this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending