The Student Room Group

A level psychology (plz plz help)

Hi, Im doing Eduqas a level psychology and I really wish I could be doing aqa because its so hard for me to find online resources for this exam board, back in secondary I did aqa gcse psychology and it was so easy to find the right resources, I could watch videos which made me understand it very easily, this is one way I really love to go through the topics but since i havent found much and Ithought why not ask and see if anyone could help me. Has anyone got any resources for eduqas a level psychology (mostly video related) for year 12, I would really appreciate that.
Also if anyone has any advice in how I can remember information and any other study techniques I would be very thankful. Thank youuuu!
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi,

I can really relate as Im doing WJEC A level psychology which also has few online resources. For revision, maybe you could see whether eduqas has produced a revision book, as I know my exam board has. I like to use mind maps and flash cards when revising, and I do spaced repetition to engrain the information in my mind.
Reply 2
hey, thanks for replying.
Yeah I do have the book but its just so hard to find videos related to the topics.
Like, right now im doing therapies of each approach (biological, positive, psychodynamic etc) and I just cant seem to find videos for that exam board.
At the moment all im doing is going over powerpoints and trying to use the book, but I really dislike the book :frown:
Original post by samela786
hey, thanks for replying.
Yeah I do have the book but its just so hard to find videos related to the topics.
Like, right now im doing therapies of each approach (biological, positive, psychodynamic etc) and I just cant seem to find videos for that exam board.
At the moment all im doing is going over powerpoints and trying to use the book, but I really dislike the book :frown:

Yeah... It can be difficult if the resources you have just don't click with you. Have you ever thought of becoming a Youtuber? Maybe you could create the revision videos for these topics in this exam board? I know it would be a bit of work, but you could write it in your personal statement and talk about all the transferrable skills you learned, and how you spread knowledge to the outside world. Similarly, you could create a blog where you write revision posts about the different topics. These are just some ideas that you may find useful.
Reply 4
Hi, Im doing Eduqas a level psychology and I really wish I could be doing aqa because its so hard for me to find online resources for this exam board, back in secondary I did aqa gcse psychology and it was so easy to find the right resources, I could watch videos which made me understand it very easily, this is one way I really love to go through the topics but since i havent found much and Ithought why not ask and see if anyone could help me. Has anyone got any resources for eduqas a level psychology (mostly video related) for year 12, I would really appreciate that.
Also if anyone has any advice in how I can remember information and any other study techniques I would be very thankful. Thank youuuu!

Hiyaaa !
Literally I was you two weeks ago !! I was struggling with remembering the content for psychology. Basically just relate the topics to your own personal life, scenes from like dramas that you have watched and just doing as many past papers as you can with notes until you eventually learn the content without your notes x
You can do this !
Good luck
Reply 6
Original post by muna6666
Hiyaaa !
Literally I was you two weeks ago !! I was struggling with remembering the content for psychology. Basically just relate the topics to your own personal life, scenes from like dramas that you have watched and just doing as many past papers as you can with notes until you eventually learn the content without your notes x
You can do this !

Thank youu so much for the advice, I will try my best and see where it takes me! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Mobitela
Yeah... It can be difficult if the resources you have just don't click with you. Have you ever thought of becoming a Youtuber? Maybe you could create the revision videos for these topics in this exam board? I know it would be a bit of work, but you could write it in your personal statement and talk about all the transferrable skills you learned, and how you spread knowledge to the outside world. Similarly, you could create a blog where you write revision posts about the different topics. These are just some ideas that you may find useful.

I would do that if I understood the topics 100%!
Im looking for videos that would help me, I know I would struggle explaining something me myself is not sure on. I really like the idea though, maybe in the future, when i become more comfortable with these topics I will definitely take it into consideration for either psychology or any other topics. Thank youuuu!!
Reply 8

Hi, I’m exactly the same I am resitting this year as a private candidate so I’m really conflicted whether to switch to AQA an have to teach my self the course, which looks way more interesting than eduqas, or just revise eduqas as much as I can. I know the resources arnt very good for eduqas so I might get one of the revision books with questions in from AQA as some parts of the course overlap. Good luck!!
Reply 9
Original post by Emmakdn
Hi, I’m exactly the same I am resitting this year as a private candidate so I’m really conflicted whether to switch to AQA an have to teach my self the course, which looks way more interesting than eduqas, or just revise eduqas as much as I can. I know the resources arnt very good for eduqas so I might get one of the revision books with questions in from AQA as some parts of the course overlap. Good luck!!

Thank you, that seems like a difficult situation you’re in aswell. Yeah, its always been quite hard for me to find resources or anything but I’ve just started the course in September and it’s already quite challenging. I wont be able to change it however, but I’ll try my best and find new ways info stays in my head.
Thank you and I wish you all the best aswell!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending