The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

BIPOCs applying to uni of bath 2021

I've applied to Uni of Bath and I'm just wanting to see if there are any other people of colour that have applied too! It'll be nice to be reassured that if I get in there are other people I can relate to :smile:
POC with an offer! Not if you just mean black and indigenous though....
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
All I know is that is will be strange to go from a cohort 80% POC into a 80% + white cohort no matter where I end up lol
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
POC with an offer! Not if you just mean black and indigenous though....

nope its all good i do mean all pocs!!! and congrats! what course did you get into?

Original post by Anonymous
All I know is that is will be strange to go from a cohort 80% POC into a 80% + white cohort no matter where I end up lol

same! it's lowkey making my head spin lol bcos even tho ik there definitely are minorities at bath, the % they make up is quite something :s-smilie:
Biochemistry. Wbu?
It's so funny looking at the promotional materials + social media- everything is so overwhelmingly white! Heard they have a bad private school ratio too...
Reply 5
ayyy i applied for biochem too!!! and its just so white; its only since its been my (almost) dream uni since late yr12 that im practically determined to try not to let that bring me down :') they really put a lot of diversity into the prospectus too lmao so i was looking at that thinking it might not be that bad but then u go anywhere else and its like minorities don't even exist smh
Reply 6
Original post by squiffyeggs
I've applied to Uni of Bath and I'm just wanting to see if there are any other people of colour that have applied too! It'll be nice to be reassured that if I get in there are other people I can relate to :smile:

hey, ive applied and im half indian! i love the uni, i really hope there are more ppl of colour :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by squiffyeggs
ayyy i applied for biochem too!!! and its just so white; its only since its been my (almost) dream uni since late yr12 that im practically determined to try not to let that bring me down :') they really put a lot of diversity into the prospectus too lmao so i was looking at that thinking it might not be that bad but then u go anywhere else and its like minorities don't even exist smh

i feel u, bath is one of my top choices and i just dont wanna feel like a minority aha :frown: when i went to the city in summer it was strange after living near london for my whole life- it was v. white and i felt out of place, but the ppl were actually very nice tho
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest