The Student Room Group

How to get a grade 7-9 in gcse english language

The title says it all but I just basically need an idea of how to revise for it and what websites, youtubers or books I should use. :smile:
Original post by Nasiha0912
The title says it all but I just basically need an idea of how to revise for it and what websites, youtubers or books I should use. :smile:

mr salles saved my life, also write descriptions for ur story (such as characters/setting) beforehand and manipulate it to the question, that how i got full marks on that section in my mock
Reply 2
Original post by fallagain
mr salles saved my life, also write descriptions for ur story (such as characters/setting) beforehand and manipulate it to the question, that how i got full marks on that section in my mock

Thank you. I just went through his youtube channel and it already looks good. Thanks for the tips and well done on your mocks👏👏😊
do exam questions and look at the mark scheme, last year in year 11 all i did was look at the mark schemes (to get an idea of what the markers want and expect), do questions and ask for feedback and also watch Mr.Bruff on youtube
Reply 4
Original post by ovets
do exam questions and look at the mark scheme, last year in year 11 all i did was look at the mark schemes (to get an idea of what the markers want and expect), do questions and ask for feedback and also watch Mr.Bruff on youtube

Thanks for the advice
Something I find really useful is getting an English language revision guide and workbook. You might also want to practise writing narratives or annotating texts under timed conditions. Just keep watching a lot of Mr Bruff and completing past papers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending