The Student Room Group

Dwp work coach

Hi everyone, I’ve received this today. I’ve applied for Staffordshire and East Midlands area. Does this mean I’m not successful. And how do you get your scores please.
Dear Amanda
Thank you for attending the pre-recorded video interview for the 58 - DWP EO Work Coach North and East Midlands Group Staffordshire and Derbyshire vacancy. This vacancy attracted a number of highly qualified applicants and after careful consideration of all of the applications we are sorry to tell you that you have not been selected for appointment. However, as you were a strong candidate we would like to keep your name on a reserve list. This list will be valid for 3 months from the date of this correspondence and if another vacancy arises for the same position we will contact you. This email does not constitute a job offer.
Thank you for your interest in this position. If you have any queries regarding this, please speak to one of my colleagues in the Customer Hub, who will be able to help you. They can be contacted by emailing DWP-
Original post by Mandilev2545
Hi everyone, I’ve received this today. I’ve applied for Staffordshire and East Midlands area. Does this mean I’m not successful. And how do you get your scores please.
Dear Amanda
Thank you for attending the pre-recorded video interview for the 58 - DWP EO Work Coach North and East Midlands Group Staffordshire and Derbyshire vacancy. This vacancy attracted a number of highly qualified applicants and after careful consideration of all of the applications we are sorry to tell you that you have not been selected for appointment. However, as you were a strong candidate we would like to keep your name on a reserve list. This list will be valid for 3 months from the date of this correspondence and if another vacancy arises for the same position we will contact you. This email does not constitute a job offer.
Thank you for your interest in this position. If you have any queries regarding this, please speak to one of my colleagues in the Customer Hub, who will be able to help you. They can be contacted by emailing DWP-

Hi, this is either a 'genuine' reserve list which means others scored higher than you and you have not been posted. Or some threads on here seem to indicate that in some areas, everyone is initially placed on the reserve list and postings done from there. You have no way of knowing which, so perhaps ask to be sent your scores? That will give you a better indication
Did they send that to you after or before asking for RTW documents?
Thank you I just found it hard to tell what they meant. I’ve asked for my scores too. This email was sent after the final checks, so dbs check, health check etc. I’ve had the initial offer and accepted that 4 weeks ago. Then this today. Really disappointed.
Original post by Ben4
Did they send that to you after or before asking for RTW documents?

After the DBS check and employment history checks.
After the DBS check and employment history checks.

That’s so disheartening. I hope you are able to get a position before the 3 months is up!
Original post by Ben4
That’s so disheartening. I hope you are able to get a position before the 3 months is up!

Me too. My DBS checks and so on are all clear and ok. So I’m just puzzled until I see my score. I feel really disheartened like you said.
Me too. My DBS checks and so on are all clear and ok. So I’m just puzzled until I see my score. I feel really disheartened like you said.

I didn’t think they told you your score. Did you have to request it? It’s so annoying you go through all these checks thinking you have an offer then at the end they throw you on reserve. That’s why I’m not getting my hopes up.
Hi I’ve requested it by email. It’s disheartening as they gave me the offer and I accepted that. The email back was congratulations on accepting the offer. So I really thought I’d just have the checks and then be offered the job. To get that email I’m really feeling annoyed. It’s like they gave me the job and took it away.
Thank you I just found it hard to tell what they meant. I’ve asked for my scores too. This email was sent after the final checks, so dbs check, health check etc. I’ve had the initial offer and accepted that 4 weeks ago. Then this today. Really disappointed.

Have heard they are pushing back on some start dates due to office occupancy levels/Covid
Yes I’m hoping this is the case.
Reply 11
In im the same boat and really upset about it as the gove you false hope saying congrats you've got the job etc. I wrote back asking if there was an issue and if they can give some feedback so hope I've not messed up my chances. Tbh I dont expect to hese from them again. I just presumed there was an issue with my checks but clearly not!
It’s a nightmare isn’t it? I’m really gutted and with my checks being ok too I feel confused. Crossing fingers for you let’s hope we hear..
Dear Amanda

Hi,
I received the same email today and my PEC checks are still ongoing.I have posted n a couple of threads already as I am so frustrated and looking to hear from others experiences.Is there anyway you can find out about your scores ?
May I ask what your application centre status was when you recieved this email ?
It is very disheartening to receive this after a provisional offer and I think the process is flawed
Reply 14
Original post by Mandilev
It’s a nightmare isn’t it? I’m really gutted and with my checks being ok too I feel confused. Crossing fingers for you let’s hope we hear..

Hi
Really do sympathise
Straight after RTW interview I got provisional offer of job - accepted. Sent through all references for PECS - within 10 minutes got reserve email.
PECS nearly all done - hoping there’s a job at the end. It’ll be scandalous if not as present employer contacted for reference and they know you’re looking at other jobs so therefore at a disadvantage.
Surely DWP won’t put people through this gruelling process for nothing.
I requested my scores but was told that not available. Unless you know the benchmarks then they’re meaningless in any case. Having said that did you get the scores in the end?
Reply 15
Hi, I was the exact same as you, applied Dec, got offered provisional offer, then got this email. I got called to appointment 2 days ago, so 5 months - and this is still subject to pre employment checks etc, so I think they get all that information from you, then only when you are called do they do the checks. But I had the exact same email as you so there is still hope for you :smile:
Original post by LDJ_222
Hi, I was the exact same as you, applied Dec, got offered provisional offer, then got this email. I got called to appointment 2 days ago, so 5 months - and this is still subject to pre employment checks etc, so I think they get all that information from you, then only when you are called do they do the checks. But I had the exact same email as you so there is still hope for you :smile:

Congratulations well done on the job offer even if it took a while hahaa :smile:

I thought the reserve list was for 3 months though so I guess it shows they can/will extend it. Did you request the extension or just forgot about it after 3 months had passed and assumed you wouldnt hear from them again?
Reply 17
Original post by LDJ_222

That’s encouraging- however my PECS done already.
Congratulations
Which area and when do you start? 😀

Quick Reply