The Student Room Group

My friends already received offers but I still havent...Im so frustrated

Hey guys! I'm just so worried about my application to the University of Manchester Optometry course since I've sent my application in October but have never heard back. Some of my friends hv already got their offers and they sent their applications in December. Am I likely to get rejected? By the way, my predicted grades are A*A*A A in Physics, Mathematics Chemistry and Biology (Im international). While my friends' predicted grades are BBBB for the same subjects. I guess there might be some problems with my personal statement and now Im really so nervous. Thanks!
(edited 3 years ago)
My knowledge is limited as I'm not a medic, nor international, but I did apply in October this year to meet the Oxbridge deadline.

Did you receive emails to confirm they'd got your application? Also, would your friends have any contextual factors that you don't, as I seem to have noticed a trend with those offers going out earlier?
Original post by ashtolga23
My knowledge is limited as I'm not a medic, nor international, but I did apply in October this year to meet the Oxbridge deadline.

Did you receive emails to confirm they'd got your application? Also, would your friends have any contextual factors that you don't, as I seem to have noticed a trend with those offers going out earlier?

Thank you for your reply! I did receive the confirmation email two days after my application. My friends applied with the help of agents while I applied it on my own, would that be a factor that makes them receive their offers earlier?
Original post by fish.andchips
Thank you for your reply! I did receive the confirmation email two days after my application. My friends applied with the help of agents while I applied it on my own, would that be a factor that makes them receive their offers earlier?

It shouldn't be ....did you apply for exactly the same course?
Original post by harrysbar
It shouldn't be ....did you apply for exactly the same course?

yes we applied to the same course

It's no problem!

I wouldn't imagine so, but I'm not 100% informed on that one. If you have the confirmation email then I think it should have all gone through fine, you might just have to sit tight unfortunately! It's a really frustrating wait but you'll get through it with distractions.
yes we applied to the same course

It still is probably nothing to worry about if you meet the entrance requirements, including any language requirements they have for international students?

Lots more people get offers after the UCAS deadline and look at it this way, they could have rejected you by now if they looked at your form and you were clearly unsuitable.

I think you will just have to be patient a little longer or if you are very worried, you could contact Manchester Admissions but I expect they will just say they are still processing applications.
Original post by harrysbar
It still is probably nothing to worry about if you meet the entrance requirements, including any language requirements they have for international students?

Lots more people get offers after the UCAS deadline and look at it this way, they could have rejected you by now if they looked at your form and you were clearly unsuitable.

I think you will just have to be patient a little longer or if you are very worried, you could contact Manchester Admissions but I expect they will just say they are still processing applications.

Original post by ashtolga23
It's no problem!

I wouldn't imagine so, but I'm not 100% informed on that one. If you have the confirmation email then I think it should have all gone through fine, you might just have to sit tight unfortunately! It's a really frustrating wait but you'll get through it with distractions.

Alright, I'll just be patient and wait. Thank you so much you guys are very helpful!:smile:
Alright, I'll just be patient and wait. Thank you so much you guys are very helpful!:smile:

It’s okay! Best of luck 🤞🏻
Wow, just want to say good job on achieving high with those a-levels. I do Maths Chem and Bio and I couldnt imagine having to do all the work for physics on top
Course?
You posted this yesterday and after receiving advice said you would be patient and wait. Why start a new thread so soon???
If you have not been rejected so far, they are probably waiting for the deadline on the 29th and will start making more offers after that. Don't worry. The majority of offers are made after January and some offers will not be made until March/April.

If they were certain they were not going to make you an offer, you would already have been rejected. I know of applicants who applied in September and October who have not received all their offers yet.
Hello everyone, I've sent my applications to UCAS in October but till now I still haven't got any offers. tbh I think my grades are not bad (Im international and my grades are equivalent to A* A* A A in Physics, Maths Biology and Chemistry) but I still didn't get a chance, does it mean I'm likely to get rejected? Is there anything I can do right now other than sitting here and wait? I'm losing hope and I'm just trying to figure out why I'm not given an offer. Thanks guys!

i know its hard to wait but think about it logically. They have a certain number of places, and a number of them are international. Now you applied in October - 4 months before the deadline. So they have every right to wait which i get is frustrating but you just have to suck it up. You haven't been rejected yet and the deadline hasn't even passed yet. Try joining some groups to chat with other people applying.

I've noticed lots of people are really impatient for their offers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending