The Student Room Group

Are guys who're hygienic and tidy considered ''feminine''?

Probably a stupid question but some of my friends were making fun of me when I said I remove that tiny patch of hair in between my eyebrows (I don't really have a unibrow as such but it is kinda visible up close). I do not like do my eyebrows, just remove that patch. I also trim my nails regularly, use conditioners for my hair and apply roll-on deodorant daily.

I didn't consider those things any of those things extreme for a guy to do and they take up so little time.

Are those things a turn off? do you consider guys who do these things high maintenance or too feminine?

Scroll to see replies

I like men fringes and look after themselves. Shave their face. Have a skincare routine.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I like men fringes and look after themselves. Shave their face. Have a skincare routine.

I have fringes and do all those things but shaving your face or even having a skincare routine aren't considered feminine unless it's like a facial or something.
Reply 4

Looking like you're homeless and using hair conditioner aren't the only options though. None of my friends do what I described in my OP but none of them look homeless or like these guys.
Probably a stupid question but some of my friends were making fun of me when I said I remove that tiny patch of hair in between my eyebrows (I don't really have a unibrow as such but it is kinda visible up close). I do not like do my eyebrows, just remove that patch. I also trim my nails regularly, use conditioners for my hair and apply roll-on deodorant daily.

I didn't consider those things any of those things extreme for a guy to do and they take up so little time.

Are those things a turn off? do you consider guys who do these things high maintenance or too feminine

I know I won't feel comfortable interacting with a guy who stinks, so tell your friends to find sth else to make fun of. Plus, total turn-on lol.
not feminine at all, if this is not a troll you have some toxic friends...
Reply 7
Original post by ifreakingloveme
I know I won't feel comfortable interacting with a guy who stinks, so tell your friends to find sth else to make fun of. Plus, total turn-on lol.

They do not stink, you won't stink if you don't do any of what I said in my OP. You can shower daily, shave your face, use shampoo, body wash, etc. Just not conditioner or deodorant, etc.
Reply 8
not feminine at all, if this is not a troll you have some toxic friends...

why would I troll about this? :confused:
Reply 9
They do not stink, you won't stink if you don't do any of what I said in my OP. You can shower daily, shave your face, use shampoo, body wash, etc. Just not conditioner or deodorant, etc..

uhm. you will stink if you don't use a freaking deodorant.
smelling good doesn't make you 'feminine'
They do not stink, you won't stink if you don't do any of what I said in my OP. You can shower daily, shave your face, use shampoo, body wash, etc. Just not conditioner or deodorant, etc.

Otayyy. But I don't see anything wrong in doing any of that.
Being hygienic doesn't make you feminine. In my experience, people get more bullied for not taking care of themselves. I'd be more concerned if someone didn't keep on top of their hygiene lol
Original post by Ciel.
uhm. you will stink if you don't use a freaking deodorant.
smelling good doesn't make you 'feminine'

I haven't noticed them stinking in our daily interactions, it's not like we smell each other's armpits.

And it's not merely the smell, it's also the look, I do not like having that kind of hair in between my eyebrows, I do not like having oddly shaped fingernails and I do not want to have dry hair. Most of my friends have those straight hair that get easily greasy (or are bald) but I don't, my hair is curly and thick and get dry AF if I don't condition it daily and apply a weekly conditioner.
why would I troll about this? :confused:

apologies, I just find it so baffling these situations actually happen when people are shamed for being decent clean human beings. Your friends are probably just insecure about their masculinity, don't listen to them dude
Original post by SirNoodles
Being hygienic doesn't make you feminine. In my experience, people get more bullied for not taking care of themselves. I'd be more concerned if someone didn't keep on top of their hygiene lol

But why do people assume that they do not take care of themselves? most guys do not condition their hair nor do they remove hair from that part of their bodies. It doesn't mean they do not take care of themselves.
Reply 15
I haven't noticed them stinking in our daily interactions, it's not like we smell each other's armpits.

And it's not merely the smell, it's also the look, I do not like having that kind of hair in between my eyebrows, I do not like having oddly shaped fingernails and I do not want to have dry hair. Most of my friends have those straight hair that get easily greasy (or are bald) but I don't, my hair is curly and thick and get dry AF if I don't condition it daily and apply a weekly conditioner.

you're probably used to it now, lmao
why are some straight boys so afraid of basic hygiene. tons of guys in korea have like a 10 step skincare routine, and white guys can't be bothered with a damn deodorant?

Are those things a turn off? do you consider guys who do these things high maintenance or too feminine?

No.

I also wouldnt describe plucking hair between eyebrows as a marker of hygiene or tidiness.
This is a marker you care what other people think of your eyebrows.

Most men trim their nails & use deodorant. This is just normal behaviour, as is using shampoo, less men use conditioner.
Original post by Ciel.
why are some straight boys so afraid of basic hygiene. tons of guys in korea have like a 10 step skincare routine, and white guys can't be bothered with a damn deodorant?

Idk, I never thought I did anything particularly feminine until my friends started teasing me about it so I thought maybe they're being ***** or it's actually a widespread view that I wasn't aware of.
Original post by Ciel.

Nobody needs 10 step skincare that is just excessive.
Reply 19
Original post by DiddyDec
Nobody needs 10 step skincare that is just excessive.

their skin looks amazing so it must be worth it
my skincare routine only has 6 steps :< i'm too tired to deal with more lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending