The Student Room Group

Biden becomes 46th president

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheStarboy
A minority of cases such are those shouldn't brand the majority. I doubt many transwoman are convicted rapists. Where does that put a Trans police officer? Should a trans male police officer only detain women if though they look and sound male? And what happens on the other end? Should a trans woman get a female officer if they have a legitimate cause of concern?

This also applies to Transwoman as well. Rising cases of trans women murder is enough to discuss whether they need fair treatment and right to a safe space too. This also applies to Transwoman as well. Rising cases of trans women murder is enough to discuss whether they need fair treatment and right to a safe space too.

Did I not make it clear that I do not believe that gaining access to women is the isn't the motivation the vast majority of the time?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-42221629
Can you provide any evidence of these rising numbers of transmurders in the UK?
I can't believe that I am quoting Channel 4 news, but here you go, unofficial data suggests that the murder rate is around one a year in the UK.
https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-how-many-trans-people-murdered-uk
I am not talking about detaining a person, I am specifically talking about search a person.

How is saying that I don't think trans women police officers should be allowed to search a women's body crevasses, the same as saying that TW shouldn't have safe spaces :confused:.
(edited 3 years ago)
To address points in the closed down thread, because apparently there’s already enough so I’ll completely ignore the left wing bias.

@QE2

Look, Trump's gone. You lost. Get over it FFS!

Literally not a Trump supporter. Nice try.

Who has refused to condemn aggressive violence and vandalism by groups under the Antifa label?

Not me, and not anyone else I have noticed.

Just the Democratic Party. I mean. They’re just an idea right?
Original post by imlikeahermit
To address points in the closed down thread, because apparently there’s already enough so I’ll completely ignore the left wing bias.

@QE2

Literally not a Trump supporter. Nice try.

Just the Democratic Party. I mean. They’re just an idea right?

I don't think you should get sucked into American politics. Both sides have serious problems but nobody wants to resolve the problems on their own side.
Original post by Wired_1800
I don't think you should get sucked into American politics. Both sides have serious problems but nobody wants to resolve the problems on their own side.

I completely agree with that last sentence.
I completely agree with that last sentence.

:yy:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by glassalice
Did I not make it clear that I do not believe that gaining access to women is the isn't the motivation the vast majority of the time?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-42221629
Can you provide any evidence of these rising numbers of transmurders in the UK?
I can't believe that I am quoting Channel 4 news, but here you go, unofficial data suggests that the murder rate is around one a year in the UK.
https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-how-many-trans-people-murdered-uk
I am not talking about detaining a person, I am specifically talking about search a person.

How is saying that I don't think trans women police officers should be allowed to search a women's body crevasses, the same as saying that TW shouldn't have safe spaces :confused:.

I’m only reaffirming that statement. I saw it clearly when you said it’s the first time.

Out of the 125 transgender inmates counted for the survey, 60 were convicted on sex offences. We don’t know their sex or their victims. Out of the 200,000 - 500,000 transgender people with the uk, that’s a incredible tiny number. While it’s likely a quite a few will be trans women, it’s a little tough to argue against.

The statement mostly related the US where it’s clear that something is going on. The UK hardly cares about that.

My last point was by its self.

Trans women police officers should be judged fairly when it comes to searching. Their rights and the rights of the women should be respected. If they aren’t allowed to search women, should they search men?
Original post by TheStarboy
I’m only reaffirming that statement. I saw it clearly when you said it’s the first time.

Out of the 125 transgender inmates counted for the survey, 60 were convicted on sex offences. We don’t know their sex or their victims. Out of the 200,000 - 500,000 transgender people with the uk, that’s a incredible tiny number. While it’s likely a quite a few will be trans women, it’s a little tough to argue against.

The statement mostly related the US where it’s clear that something is going on. The UK hardly cares about that.

My last point was by its self.

Trans women police officers should be judged fairly when it comes to searching. Their rights and the rights of the women should be respected. If they aren’t allowed to search women, should they search men?

Probably not.
Because it would be a breach of the man's rights if he was to be searched by a women or someone that he believed to be a women.
02F12B4F-0EC2-4A35-9D8F-B7777911AFA7.jpg.jpeg
134911D2-BFBA-41D5-8601-B3CD93C5D889.jpg.jpeg
9BAB32B7-3BD4-4914-B222-61061334E668.jpg.jpeg

@glassalice if I were American, this is not a president to be proud of
Original post by jackmarshal757
02F12B4F-0EC2-4A35-9D8F-B7777911AFA7.jpg.jpeg
134911D2-BFBA-41D5-8601-B3CD93C5D889.jpg.jpeg
9BAB32B7-3BD4-4914-B222-61061334E668.jpg.jpeg

@glassalice if I were American, this is not a president to be proud of

Goodbye true female achievement in sport.
Reply 70

Biden said, I quote that Anfita was just 'an idea.'

I wonder if he'll change his commie tone now that they're attacking democratic buildings.
Reply 72
Goodbye true female achievement in sport.

Loving the way transphobes attempt to disguise their prejudice as "concern for female athletes" :rofl:
Original post by QE2
Loving the way transphobes attempt to disguise their prejudice as "concern for female athletes" :rofl:

Love the way left wing nut jobs can't see the damage they're doing.

Here's a question. Someone suddenly decides they are identifying as a female, and they absolutely wipe the floor with all the female athletes, because of their genetics. How is that fair?
Is this thread really turning into another of of those TSR swamps inhabited by people who have a craven fear of trans people?
Original post by Calibrated.
Is this thread really turning into another of of those TSR swamps inhabited by people who have a craven fear of trans people?

Is this thread really turning into another one of those TSR swamps inhabited by bigoted left wingers who think that everyone who disagrees with pro-transgender policy is a transphobe?

Corrected.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 76
Love the way left wing nut jobs can't see the damage they're doing.

Have you actually read the EO, or just the right-wing press and commentators' hysterical knee-jerk reaction to it?
Ah, thought so.
Perhaps try reading the actual document and then comment again?

Here's a question. Someone suddenly decides they are identifying as a female, and they absolutely wipe the floor with all the female athletes, because of their genetics. How is that fair?

1. An unusually tall/fast/strong/gifted girl moves into the area and wipes the floor with all the existing girls in those sports. How is that fair?
2. Do you really believe that teenage boys will pretend to be trans just to win at girls' sports?
Original post by QE2
Have you actually read the EO, or just the right-wing press and commentators' hysterical knee-jerk reaction to it?
Ah, thought so.
Perhaps try reading the actual document and then comment again?

1. An unusually tall/fast/strong/gifted girl moves into the area and wipes the floor with all the existing girls in those sports. How is that fair?
2. Do you really believe that teenage boys will pretend to be trans just to win at girls' sports?

Have you read the general consensus responses to this? America aint ****ing happy.

1. That's happened before. Nothing wrong with that at all. Not even the same argument.
2. Yes. Absolutely, and if you don't you're naive left wing views know no bounds.
Reply 78
Have you read the general consensus responses to this? America aint ****ing happy.

The general consensus is that it is a reasonable and welcome measure. You need to look beyond the the rantings of the apoplectic right and their mouthpieces.

1. That's happened before. Nothing wrong with that at all. Not even the same argument.

So there is nothing wrong with a new female competitor being suddenly waay better than all the competition.
Then why are you moaning that it is unfair?

2. Yes. Absolutely, and if you don't you're naive left wing views know no bounds.

Damn, Poe'd again!
Nice work, to be fair. I thought you were genuine for a while.
Original post by QE2
The general consensus is that it is a reasonable and welcome measure. You need to look beyond the the rantings of the apoplectic right and their mouthpieces.

So there is nothing wrong with a new female competitor being suddenly waay better than all the competition.
Then why are you moaning that it is unfair?

Damn, Poe'd again!
Nice work, to be fair. I thought you were genuine for a while.

It is absolutely not the general consensus at all. I would expect that it will also get worse when transgender athletes in schools start sweeping all the events.

Secondly, I would have no issue with that because they are BIOLOGICALLY FEMALE and don't have ridiculously high testosterone levels due to the fact that they are not a biological male.

Great stuff. But I'm afraid that you're argument of "anyone who disagrees with transgender legislation is a transphobe" is the flawed one here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending