The Student Room Group

Reference for ucas

Hi I’d like to know how long it usually takes for a teacher to complete a ucas reference, how long did it take anyone personally? Will the date now effect how long they will take to get it done? Thank you
Are you applying for 2021 entry?
Original post by Ellienixon1
Hi I’d like to know how long it usually takes for a teacher to complete a ucas reference, how long did it take anyone personally? Will the date now effect how long they will take to get it done? Thank you

Theres no specific time they need to get it done however the dealine is the 29th of Jan so they need it before then
Reply 3
Original post by Dexter345
Are you applying for 2021 entry?

Yes I’d like to, I know the deadline is close😬
Original post by Ellienixon1
Yes I’d like to, I know the deadline is close😬

You dont need to panic your tutor know it needs to be done before 29th
Reply 5
Original post by Welshgirl2021
You dont need to panic your tutor know it needs to be done before 29

That puts me at ease a little, thanks haha
My teacher has just spring it on me saying he can't write my reference he's to busy even though I asked him in early December. I feel hopeless now 😭
Reply 7
Original post by Skymoose
My teacher has just spring it on me saying he can't write my reference he's to busy even though I asked him in early December. I feel hopeless now 😭

Ugh I’m sorry😭I know how that feels! Just try to ask someone else as quickly as possible, ucas told me we can still apply after but our application won’t be 100% considered, good luck
Original post by Skymoose

aw noooo that's such a bad excuse 😓 can you find another teacher or employer maybe (I know that's not the best but at least its something) I'm so sorry
Original post by anisha211
aw noooo that's such a bad excuse 😓 can you find another teacher or employer maybe (I know that's not the best but at least its something) I'm so sorry

I have asked other teachers and they have said the same thing. I think there is some political gamesmanship being played by the lecturers versus the college administration due to workload. Sadly as a pawn in the system, we as students are expendable. I might add that I'm an HNC student and not an A-level student so I'm actually paying for my course from my own pocket. I will try and contact the universities that I have applied for and see what they say. In theory, my previous level 3 is enough and my level 4 qualification might even allow me to attend directly into the second year.

I'm just very disappointed in the whole process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending