The Student Room Group

Guys do you have a problem with girls not shaving pubic hair??

I prefer not to shave but I’ve never been with a guy and I’m worried he’ll find it unattractive 😬
Are most guys bothered about this? Would you be put off?

Scroll to see replies

Most prefer it gone but some really don't mind. I always bring it up in convo before meeting with a guy so we can both be comfortable. You can always just trim it well and maybe remove some like strays/less painful areas but leave the main section. For a guy to make a big deal of that would be unreasonable in my opinion and a waste of time
I personally don't care. I'd be lucky to get a girl at all and if I loved someone that wouldn't bother me at all haha
Original post by Anonymous
I prefer not to shave but I’ve never been with a guy and I’m worried he’ll find it unattractive 😬
Are most guys bothered about this? Would you be put off?

as a guy in my 20s, i think guys become more tolerant of hair as they get older.

personally, i have changed from my preference being waxed > shaved > trimmed > untrimmed .... to waxed > trimmed > untrimmed > shaved, but only because of my experiences of my ex gf having cuts, rashes, stubble and probably ingrown hairs too ha
Original post by A Rolling Stone
as a guy in my 20s, i think guys become more tolerant of hair as they get older.

personally, i have changed from my preference being waxed > shaved > trimmed > untrimmed .... to waxed > trimmed > untrimmed > shaved, but only because of my experiences of my ex gf having cuts, rashes, stubble and probably ingrown hairs too ha

Did you find ingrowns really gross?

I struggle with them a lot even with waxing and get insecure about guys
Did you find ingrowns really gross?

I struggle with them a lot even with waxing and get insecure about guys

i have 'good attention to detail' so i notice them and find them gross, but most guys wouldn't notice. there is nothing wrong with trimmed tbh, a lot of guys need their first experience with it to realise hair on women is natural, as we have an inbuilt image of women being pure and hairless ha
Reply 6
Most prefer it gone but some really don't mind. I always bring it up in convo before meeting with a guy so we can both be comfortable. You can always just trim it well and maybe remove some like strays/less painful areas but leave the main section. For a guy to make a big deal of that would be unreasonable in my opinion and a waste of time

Thanks : ) Yeah it came up in conversation with a guy I was going to meet up with and he said he didn’t mind but I’m just really insecure about it I guess
Reply 7
Original post by A Rolling Stone

Yeah I kinda thought this lol but I’m pretty young so I’m worried if I’m with younger guys they’d be put off. Do guys generally have a problem with going down on a girl if she’s not fully waxed?
I really hate how it feels when the hair starts to grow back after shaving and it grows back so fast it’s such a pain 😐 and I’m too scared to get a wax lol
just a simple trim goes a long way.
Depends what not shaving means really.

Have a preference for clean, but it's not exactly a practical look to keep up.

A bit of hair is sorta whatever really.

A bush though? It's not a good look if you ask me. Also, I'd rather not be pulling pubes out of my mouth after going down on a woman and I'm sure it applies the other way as well

As always though, it depends. Different guys like different things.
(edited 3 years ago)
Yeah I kinda thought this lol but I’m pretty young so I’m worried if I’m with younger guys they’d be put off. Do guys generally have a problem with going down on a girl if she’s not fully waxed?
I really hate how it feels when the hair starts to grow back after shaving and it grows back so fast it’s such a pain 😐 and I’m too scared to get a wax lol

once guys have that one experience, they get used to it, and it is important for guys to realise hair is normal and natural on women that will come with his experience... the guy would still want to sleep with you ha, no teenage boy would turn down py for something as insignificant as that
why would it matter, unless ur with them for sex then u won't be bothered
This is not about women or men. Some people think pubic hair and hate all hair anyway, hate beards, underarm, body hair on MEN and WOMEN

I would shave it, it looks neater and cleaner
Threads like this irritate me.

you always have sex with the customer, sorry I mean date the first time you meet?? lol

What you bring it up before meeting s guy even if you have not met him before.
Original post by karl pilkington
What you bring it up before meeting s guy even if you have not met him before.

Only if we're planning to hook up obvs
Some of these guys that say they're bothered by it are the guys that also wouldn't do the same so. :dontknow:

People just need to learn that hair is natural and that it's nothing to be put off by.
Original post by NonIndigenous
Threads like this irritate me.

Ignore them then
Thanks everyone for your replies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending