The Student Room Group

Has anyone ever used the site 'Parcoursup'?

This might be a longshot, but I have seen some people use Parcoursup in the past. I'm English and trying to use the site but I'm really struggling, so just wondering if anyone could help me out and drop me a dm, I'd be really helpful :smile:
I've never used it before but are you struggling because you don't speak French?
Reply 2
Original post by chloenix
This might be a longshot, but I have seen some people use Parcoursup in the past. I'm English and trying to use the site but I'm really struggling, so just wondering if anyone could help me out and drop me a dm, I'd be really helpful :smile:

Are you trying to enrol for a place on course in France, Chloe?
Reply 3
Original post by SirNoodles
I've never used it before but are you struggling because you don't speak French?

Luckily I do! But the site is mostly tailored to students in the French educations system, eg. asking them for their class rankings, and I'm struggling to put my A-Level and GCSE grades in.
I was wondering if maybe this website isn't for English students, but I emailed the site and the universities and they all told me to use Parcoursup, very annoying! :argh:
Reply 4
Original post by Kerzen
Are you trying to enrol for a place on course in France, Chloe?

Yes I am :smile: I feel like I'm being repetitive with the number of times I mention it, but I don't really know where else to ask for help with this stuff!
Reply 5
Yes I am :smile: I feel like I'm being repetitive with the number of times I mention it, but I don't really know where else to ask for help with this stuff!

Which course are you trying to apply for? I thought that you were hoping to go to Exeter/Durham?
Luckily I do! But the site is mostly tailored to students in the French educations system, eg. asking them for their class rankings, and I'm struggling to put my A-Level and GCSE grades in.
I was wondering if maybe this website isn't for English students, but I emailed the site and the universities and they all told me to use Parcoursup, very annoying! :argh:

Ahhh ok, I could've helped with any translations but unfortunately when it comes to the website itself I can't help sorry x) good luck with that, though!
Reply 7
Original post by SirNoodles
Ahhh ok, I could've helped with any translations but unfortunately when it comes to the website itself I can't help sorry x) good luck with that, though!

Thank you so much! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Kerzen
Which course are you trying to apply for? I thought that you were hoping to go to Exeter/Durham?

I'm flattered that you remembered:colondollar: Yes, they are my first choices in the UK (out of my 5 UCAS choices), but I'm still deciding whether I should study in the UK or France! The application platform for France just opened, so I haven't received any offers yet, so we'll see how that goes.
And I'm applying for (French) Law at Pantheon-Sorbonne, Pantheon-Assas, PSL, Paris-Descartes, and maybe Lille. I'm not sure if you know those though.
Reply 9
I'm flattered that you remembered:colondollar: Yes, they are my first choices in the UK (out of my 5 UCAS choices), but I'm still deciding whether I should study in the UK or France! The application platform for France just opened, so I haven't received any offers yet, so we'll see how that goes.
And I'm applying for (French) Law at Pantheon-Sorbonne, Pantheon-Assas, PSL, Paris-Descartes, and maybe Lille. I'm not sure if you know those though.

Are you still struggling with the Parcoursup site? I had a look at it myself and it seemed fairly straightforward. It sounds to me as though you have been able to complete your application, as you mention not having received any offers yet.

I know that the Law Society has things in place to recognise equivalencies, but I would worry that you would be limiting yourself by studying Law in France. There is also the cost to take into account, it would be very expensive, I would have thought, as I don't think that you would be covered by SFE.

I haven't looked in detail at all the possible placements in France for all your UCAS choices, but I did note that Durham can offer a year at Sciences Po and I would have said that this would be a particularly good choice.
Reply 10
Original post by Kerzen
Are you still struggling with the Parcoursup site? I had a look at it myself and it seemed fairly straightforward. It sounds to me as though you have been able to complete your application, as you mention not having received any offers yet.

I know that the Law Society has things in place to recognise equivalencies, but I would worry that you would be limiting yourself by studying Law in France. There is also the cost to take into account, it would be very expensive, I would have thought, as I don't think that you would be covered by SFE.

I haven't looked in detail at all the possible placements in France for all your UCAS choices, but I did note that Durham can offer a year at Sciences Po and I would have said that this would be a particularly good choice.

Yeah, I've figured it out. Unfortunately, I have no way to compare my application to other students, so I doubt my application is very good. Eg. for UCAS I could look at the recommended structure of personal statements etc, but I was really just guessing for Parcoursup. Oh well, I'll see how it goes.

Actually, the cost is one of my top reasons for studying in France! The tuition fees for me would be 170 euros per year, and I'm eligible to a 500 euros a month grant. I also have lots of savings so I'm not too worried about that. There are definitely downsides to studying in France though. Mainly the fact that the French higher education system is notoriously unorganized and rigorous.
Oo I didn't know that about Durham, thank you. As for my other four choices, I've applied for Law and French Law, so all of them offer a year abroad in France, and Exeter and Kings give me the opportunity to become a qualified lawyer in the UK AND France, which is great. Annoyingly with Durham, it's just an LLB course so I don't have this opportunity, which is my main downside but I love the university so much.

But yeah, those are my dilemmas. There are big pros and cons to each of my choices. I'm pretty sure that in the future I want to live in France (I am French btw), but I'm struggling to let go of my Durham dream, I'm even considering studying two undergrad degrees (one at Durham, one in France), just to be able to go there. Sorry for explaining my whole life story, just realised how much I wrote!
hey! what were the unis and courses that you applied through parcoursup if you don't mind me asking
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
hey! what were the unis and courses that you applied through parcoursup if you don't mind me asking

Hi! I'm applying to study 'une licence de droit' at Assas, Pantheon-Sorbonne, Aix-Marseille, Lille and I'm still figuring out my other choices I think.
Are you applying too? Send me a PM if you don't want to say it on here :smile:
Reply 13

Hey, did you figure out how to input your A level and GCSE grades, I'm in the same situation as you right now. Also how do they verify them, I've not even received my A Level certificates yet so I'm not really sure what to do with that.

Hello, did you manage to put in your predicted A level grades in the end? Did you upload any document to prove them? Thanks for your help - it's for next year:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending