The Student Room Group

Year 12 Summer BTEC exams 2021

I’m a year 12 btec student an I have an exam in the summer
What will happen in relation to this? Will I have to sit it this year or the next academic year?
Thank you.
i have no idea either im doing applied science
Original post by caitlyn04

It is so annoying! If you find out please tell me
Original post by MorningNight2002
I’m a year 12 btec student an I have an exam in the summer
What will happen in relation to this? Will I have to sit it this year or the next academic year?
Thank you.

If it’s a written exam you won’t have to do it. All written exams have been cancelled so you’ll probably get centre assessed grades or do a mock when you get back to school
Original post by unknownm123
If it’s a written exam you won’t have to do it. All written exams have been cancelled

That's not certain yet for BTEC students..it's only been clarified for GCSE and A level students.
Original post by Hazelly
That's not certain yet for BTEC students..it's only been clarified for GCSE and A level students.

It said in the consultation, I was supposed to have an exam next month and it got cancelled
It said in the consultation, I was supposed to have an exam next month and it got cancelled

That's for the January exams
Original post by Hazelly
That's for the January exams

My exam is in feb, so I imagine Ones after feb are cancelled too
It is so annoying! If you find out please tell me

i will,my college dont have a clue either tbh x

What consultation? Any links please
ssss
Reply 12
Original post by caitlyn04

same! applied science assignments are horrible ngl
It has been confirmed that ALL BTEC exams are cancelled in the summer. They have still not decided how grades will be awarded (eg Teacher grades, some sort of verified assessment etc).
Original post by bamtutor
It has been confirmed that ALL BTEC exams are cancelled in the summer. They have still not decided how grades will be awarded (eg Teacher grades, some sort of verified assessment etc).

I say it’s best if they just use coursework

But I’m a year 12 student so will i take this exam next year...? Or will I get a predicted grade?
I’m searching on the web i don’t see anything any Links please
(edited 3 years ago)
But I’m a year 12 student so will i take this exam next year...? Or will I get a predicted grade?
I’m searching on the web i don’t see anything any Links please

If you are entered for exams in June by your centre you will get a predicted grades however, you will be able to resit the exam next year if you want to.
If you are entered for exams in June by your centre you will get a predicted grades however, you will be able to resit the exam next year if you want to.

Thank you! I assume my centre doesn’t want to inform me - I guess it is because they don’t want students to fall back. And is this 100% certain - because I don’t see anything on the web regarding this.
Could I have any website links if any? Thank you
Thank you! I assume my centre doesn’t want to inform me - I guess it is because they don’t want students to fall back. And is this 100% certain - because I don’t see anything on the web regarding this.
Could I have any website links if any? Thank you

Its all on the Pearson website at; https://www.pearson.com/uk/educators/fe-college-educators/supporting-the-fe-sector-during-coronavirus-covid-19/assessmentarrangements/btec-faqs.html
They may not want you to resit next year as you will also have the new exams and it may be too much too revise stuff from this year and next.
Its all on the Pearson website at; https://www.pearson.com/uk/educators/fe-college-educators/supporting-the-fe-sector-during-coronavirus-covid-19/assessmentarrangements/btec-faqs.html
They may not want you to resit next year as you will also have the new exams and it may be too much too revise stuff from this year and next.

Great. Seems still abit early days to say exactly HOW grades will be given. But at least we know that exams won’t happen - thank you!

Quick Reply