The Student Room Group

Trinity College Dublin applicants 2020/2021?

Anyone applying to TCD this year?

I'm applying for Medicine via the Mature Entry/Graduate route. Any other medics or mature students out there?

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else applying to TCD for 2021 entry?
Reply 2
Original post by King_George_Weah

Hey, I'm applying this year, for normal entry though.
Original post by mpotvar
Hey, I'm applying this year, for normal entry though.

Great. What you applying for? Have applied anywhere else in Ireland, or the UK or abroad? I would have applied here in the UK but long missed the deadline and in any case wasn't completely sure I wanted to start Medicine this year but I thought I'd give it a go and TCD are still accepting applications so I'll try my luck. The HPAT will be a killer though but I'll try my best to at least try and get an interview.
Reply 4
Great. What you applying for? Have applied anywhere else in Ireland, or the UK or abroad? I would have applied here in the UK but long missed the deadline and in any case wasn't completely sure I wanted to start Medicine this year but I thought I'd give it a go and TCD are still accepting applications so I'll try my luck. The HPAT will be a killer though but I'll try my best to at least try and get an interview.

Im applying to do medicine, at UCC, UCD, and TCD. we'll see which one sticks, but I applied to the UK, but did really badly on the UCAT so got rejected from all four. So Ireland is now like my second option. Looking to apply to more places in Europe as well, already got a conditional offer from the University of Nicosia, in Cyprus and applying to Hungary as well. As an international student, I dont have to do the HPAT, and thank godd. It would've been too much on top of all the other entrance exams I'm still planning on taking. so im glad. Wbu? just TCD or anywhere else, also are you taking A levels? I can never seem to find someone who takes IB. Why TCD? I feel like most people don't look at Ireland and rather just look at mainland Europe. What do you think
Original post by mpotvar
Im applying to do medicine, at UCC, UCD, and TCD. we'll see which one sticks, but I applied to the UK, but did really badly on the UCAT so got rejected from all four. So Ireland is now like my second option. Looking to apply to more places in Europe as well, already got a conditional offer from the University of Nicosia, in Cyprus and applying to Hungary as well. As an international student, I dont have to do the HPAT, and thank godd. It would've been too much on top of all the other entrance exams I'm still planning on taking. so im glad. Wbu? just TCD or anywhere else, also are you taking A levels? I can never seem to find someone who takes IB. Why TCD? I feel like most people don't look at Ireland and rather just look at mainland Europe. What do you think

Congrats on your offer from Cyprus, I assume that's the programme with St George's in London? I'm a graduate hence why I'm applying via the Mature Entry route. I missed the deadlines for the UK but also as I said I wasn't thinking of going this year but I thought maybe give it a shot with Ireland as it was still open and to see what the HPAT is like. I have no time to prepare in time for the GAMSAT so TCD was my only option at this stage but it's also a renowned university and traditional medical school but all the medical schools in Ireland and indeed the UK are excellent.
Reply 6
Congrats on your offer from Cyprus, I assume that's the programme with St George's in London? I'm a graduate hence why I'm applying via the Mature Entry route. I missed the deadlines for the UK but also as I said I wasn't thinking of going this year but I thought maybe give it a shot with Ireland as it was still open and to see what the HPAT is like. I have no time to prepare in time for the GAMSAT so TCD was my only option at this stage but it's also a renowned university and traditional medical school but all the medical schools in Ireland and indeed the UK are excellent.

Thank youu :smile: no its actually their own MD program as I'm normal entry and the St.George's program is graduate entry. Ya i get you in terms of time and everything. Good luck with your application as well. Can I ask what is your degree in? Did you always want to do medicine or was it just a choice while studying your bachelor
Original post by mpotvar
Thank youu :smile: no its actually their own MD program as I'm normal entry and the St.George's program is graduate entry. Ya i get you in terms of time and everything. Good luck with your application as well. Can I ask what is your degree in? Did you always want to do medicine or was it just a choice while studying your bachelor

I come from a Finance/Banking background actually so have BA and an MBA as well. I always wanted to do Medicine but time kind of got away from me but I decided I'm at point in time where I need to make that decision once and for all and give it shot. Let's see how it goes. All the best.
Reply 8
Original post by mpotvar

heyyy, I also do the IB and I'm applying to TCD
Hey guys i got a question. Acer sent an email about the exam and that now they changed the online thing and they r using proctoru. Well i tried to choose a day and i cant. Is anyone else having the same problem?
Reply 10
Same here, I contacted them and they said I need to wait until an invitation email is sent, then I'll be able to schedule the exam.
Original post by Sotiriendjw
Hey guys i got a question. Acer sent an email about the exam and that now they changed the online thing and they r using proctoru. Well i tried to choose a day and i cant. Is anyone else having the same problem?

booking just opened a couple hours ago, check ur emails

Hi

I thought there were no interviews for medicine in Ireland? Just Academic score and HPAT?
Original post by Paolo Grazziani
Hi

I thought there were no interviews for medicine in Ireland? Just Academic score and HPAT?

You're right, I'm quite positive there isn't an interview phase for med entry in Ireland
Hi

Original post by MariaCorreia
You're right, I'm quite positive there isn't an interview phase for med entry in Ireland

Unless you're applying via Mature Entry in which case there is an interview. Also if you’re an international student there are interviews as well.
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi

Original post by MariaCorreia

Taken from the TCD website:

Applicants to Medicine

Applicants must present a H3 and H4 (Grade B and Grade C in higher level Leaving Certificate 1992-2016) or better in two of Biology and Chemistry or Physics, or equivalent exams. All applicants must sit the HPAT-Ireland admissions. For more details on this test please click here. HPAT-Ireland test results will assist with short-listing candidates for interview.

https://www.tcd.ie/maturestudents/news/medicine/

I want to apply there but their entry requirement system is confusing, form my understanding they require 3 A*s?
Original post by roshnijesrani
I want to apply there but their entry requirement system is confusing, form my understanding they require 3 A*s?

If you’re applying as a school leaver then admission would be based solely on academic grades and HPAT score. So to be competitive yes you’d probably need A*A*A* or thereabouts. If you’re a mature student/graduate applicant however the process is a little different.
Hi I’d just thought I’d just say I’m an Irish student sitting my leaving cert this year so if anyone has any questions about CAO or grades or the HPAT I’d be happy to answer them. I’m on TSR as I applied to the UK as well this year.
Original post by pinkduvet
Hi! I've applied to TCD, UCD, NUIG and UCC medicine this year. I have just done my interview with TCD today.

How's your application going?

Hi! Hope you did well! If you don't mind me asking, are u home or international? Have you applied thru IUMC?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending