The Student Room Group

housemistress keep picking on me

hey guys long story short my housemistress really dislikes me for no reasons and kept picking on me and shaming me in house assemblies... I am in year 13 at the moment and I technically would only see her for 2 more terms, I wonder if I should just let go this issue but from time to time this does upsets me...
Ignore it for two more terms. Anyway - are you not locked down?

Or - you could confront her and tell her how humiliated what she does makes you feel.
Reply 2
Original post by ByEeek
Ignore it for two more terms. Anyway - are you not locked down?

Or - you could confront her and tell her how humiliated what she does makes you feel.

yeh we are currently in lock down but we still have online assemblies and she just wouldn't stop shaming me which makes me sometimes quite upset...
What has she said or done?
Original post by Anonymous
yeh we are currently in lock down but we still have online assemblies and she just wouldn't stop shaming me which makes me sometimes quite upset...

Why not unmute yourself in assembly and call her out?
Reply 5
Original post by YaliaV123
What has she said or done?

she was basically disclosing my daily life to everyone by shaming the fact that i feel fatigued from time to time... but she doesn't know the reasons behind it...
Reply 6
Original post by ByEeek
Why not unmute yourself in assembly and call her out?

I am quite scared to do so and don't want to sound rude...
Reply 7
some of my friends suggest me to move house but I don't think that's a good idea... as all my closest friends are in the same house as me
she was basically disclosing my daily life to everyone by shaming the fact that i feel fatigued from time to time... but she doesn't know the reasons behind it...

You should tell the school if you have some condition that affects your fatigue levels. If you have told the school, then for 100% certain the Housemistress does know about it.

I'd advise that you contact her privately explaining why you feel fatigued from time to time. If it's a medical thing, it's no joke and she shouldn't be making jokes at your expense that make you uncomfortable.

Don't do it in public, it'll add fuel to the flame and then she really won't like you for calling her out and embarrassing her. :yep:
thank you for all your advices, there are no specific conditions that made me feel fatigue from time to time and she just thought I'm being lazy and stay in bed and not do work all the time... but that's no true:frown: I think I will speak up for myself next time she picks on me
hey guys long story short my housemistress really dislikes me for no reasons and kept picking on me and shaming me in house assemblies... I am in year 13 at the moment and I technically would only see her for 2 more terms, I wonder if I should just let go this issue but from time to time this does upsets me...

I'm assuming you are boarding, join the club but I have different experiences. We have 10 boarding houses at school, my one is yr 9 to yr 12 so I'm one of the babies in the house. I love it, I love my houseparent but I'm convinced she hates me. Everyone in the school loves our houseparent, she wasn't meant to be one but then our original one fell ill so we have her as replacement. She's a french teacher usually, but I'm convinced she hates me even though I love her to pieces. Are you in boarding over lockdown? If you are, and if she's hurting you, then speak up. If you're at your house, I'd say lie low as you would probably only have a term there now. I'm sorry this isn't very helpful. But I get it when you think a houseparent hates you. The only difference for me is my houseparent is more like a mum to me than my real one is.
thank you for all your advices, there are no specific conditions that made me feel fatigue from time to time and she just thought I'm being lazy and stay in bed and not do work all the time... but that's no true:frown: I think I will speak up for myself next time she picks on me

Would your parents speak to her for you? That could be a last resort if nothing else works.
Original post by hxnnxh_13.11.06
I'm assuming you are boarding, join the club but I have different experiences. We have 10 boarding houses at school, my one is yr 9 to yr 12 so I'm one of the babies in the house. I love it, I love my houseparent but I'm convinced she hates me. Everyone in the school loves our houseparent, she wasn't meant to be one but then our original one fell ill so we have her as replacement. She's a french teacher usually, but I'm convinced she hates me even though I love her to pieces. Are you in boarding over lockdown? If you are, and if she's hurting you, then speak up. If you're at your house, I'd say lie low as you would probably only have a term there now. I'm sorry this isn't very helpful. But I get it when you think a houseparent hates you. The only difference for me is my houseparent is more like a mum to me than my real one is.

hi thank you for your advice and yes I do board and I am currently at home which is nice at the moment but we still have online assemblies which I still see her every week...
Original post by YaliaV123
Would your parents speak to her for you? That could be a last resort if nothing else works.

I don't want to bother my parents on this issue... I think I will just let go and hopefully she will not pick on me that often but thank you for your advice :smile:
I don't want to bother my parents on this issue... I think I will just let go and hopefully she will not pick on me that often but thank you for your advice :smile:

No problem! I hope everything works out.
I am quite scared to do so and don't want to sound rude...

Ok - so send her an email. Or send the head an email about it.

Of course, the question is, does she have good cause for picking on you?
Original post by ByEeek
Ok - so send her an email. Or send the head an email about it.

Of course, the question is, does she have good cause for picking on you?

for her own happiness I guess... she slut shamed my friend for wearing shorts in non school uniform day as well... so she's quite 'well known' for shaming people she doesn't like

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending