The Student Room Group

Do people remain friends with their lecturers after uni?

Just wondering :smile:
Reply 1
I haven't yet finished uni but I did sixth form and after I finished it I am still pretty close with my history teacher, we even met up together with other people from the class hahaha so I believe it could be the same in uni
Reply 2
Original post by vizakl
I haven't yet finished uni but I did sixth form and after I finished it I am still pretty close with my history teacher, we even met up together with other people from the class hahaha so I believe it could be the same in uni

Thank for the reply. Oh I see interesting, sounds lovely! How do you guys keep in contract with your teacher?
I'm Facebook friends with a number of lecturers from my undergrad uni and tend to send Christmas wishes/cards to some of them. One of my tutors even invited me and my tutorial partners to her wedding, which was rather random :eek3:
Reply 4
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I'm Facebook friends with a number of lecturers from my undergrad uni and tend to send Christmas wishes/cards to some of them. One of my tutors even invited me and my tutorial partners to her wedding, which was rather random :eek3:

Aww sounds nice :smile:. haha must have been a shock!
Im finishing uni soon and it would be weird to never speak to some of my lecturers again!
Reply 5
Original post by kwame88
Thank for the reply. Oh I see interesting, sounds lovely! How do you guys keep in contract with your teacher?

firstly it started off through teams we would occasionally have meetings but then she finally accepted us on facebook so now we message her on messeger
Reply 6
I guess it varies. Despite me thinking I got along alright with some teachers at school, none of them accepted my friend request when I left although accepted others.

Have a few lecturers on LinkedIn but don't feel like I'm on great terms with them. Partially my fault in my early uni days skipping lectures and not taking some work seriously enough..
Reply 7
Original post by vizakl
firstly it started off through teams we would occasionally have meetings but then she finally accepted us on facebook so now we message her on messeger

Cool thanks :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by TJ1997
I guess it varies. Despite me thinking I got along alright with some teachers at school, none of them accepted my friend request when I left although accepted others.

Have a few lecturers on LinkedIn but don't feel like I'm on great terms with them. Partially my fault in my early uni days skipping lectures and not taking some work seriously enough..

I see that's not nice!

Ah they shouldn't hold it against you. No one really tries hard in 1st yr lol - well I know I didn't! :biggrin:
I'm still close with quite a few. I grew especially close to a professor in Tokyo during my year abroad there. His literature module was the best course I've ever taken. :rambo: He went on to become the Vice-Chancellor of the university after I finished my study abroad.

Thereafter, whenever I'd visit Japan on holiday he'd sneak me into his office so we could have some tea undisturbed. :lol: You can imagine that a university Vice-Chancellor would be extremely busy at all times, with his secretary organising his schedule 8am-8pm a month or two in advance.
I would also always make sure to buy nice neckties and scarves for him every time I'd visit. :hat2:
It would honestly be my dream to do a PhD under him, but I think he might end up retiring soon. Sigh. :moon:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Quick-use
I'm still close with quite a few. I grew especially close to a professor in Tokyo during my year abroad there. His literature module was the best course I've ever taken. :rambo: He went on to become the Vice-Chancellor of the university after I finished my study abroad.

Thereafter, whenever I'd visit Japan on holiday he'd sneak me into his office so we could have some tea undisturbed. :lol: You can imagine that a university Vice-Chancellor would be extremely busy at all times, with his secretary organising his schedule 8am-8pm a month or two in advance.
I would also always make sure to buy nice neckties and scarves for him every time I'd visit. :hat2:
It would honestly be my dream to do a PhD under him, but I think he might end up retiring soon. Sigh. :moon:

Wonderful! And that's amazing!

Haha sounds nice! Japanese tea, sounds good.

Aww I see!

Cheers :smile:
Original post by kwame88
Aww sounds nice :smile:. haha must have been a shock!
Im finishing uni soon and it would be weird to never speak to some of my lecturers again!

It was lovely but weird, haha, going to my tutor's wedding. Especially as there were only two other people from my uni from her side of the wedding. So we felt we were kinda representing a big chunk of her life! (She had done her Masters and PhD there, as well as going on to teach there) :ninja:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending