The Student Room Group

favorite anime / anime recommendations

What's everyones favourite anime and what's it about? I need new shows to watch lol.

promised neverland is my top choice I think. yall probs already know what its about its not rly unknown lol

Scroll to see replies

my top three are bungou stray dogs, aot and haikyuu probably. though promised neverland is so good.
Reply 2
you should watch attack on titan
Original post by zarah23

I've seen it its soooo good!! i canne watch this season until it all comes out tho cos my sister wants to watch it with me and for some reason she'd rather wait like 10 months then binge the whole thing instead of watching an episode a week like a normal functioning human being lol. if you wanna spoil it feel free to - i love spoilers for some reason
Reply 4
Original post by readyplayer2wo
I've seen it its soooo good!! i canne watch this season until it all comes out tho cos my sister wants to watch it with me and for some reason she'd rather wait like 10 months then binge the whole thing instead of watching an episode a week like a normal functioning human being lol. if you wanna spoil it feel free to - i love spoilers for some reason

awww thats nice, i wish i had someone i could watch with lool but yeah lemme tell you this season is just something elseeeeee in a good way I mean but yh we finally get to know the other side of the story, I haven't watched much though I think like 3 episodes, I've been so caught up with school lately
Hxh is easily one of the best, hence my user name :smile:
Overlord.
Original post by anasofia02
my top three are bungou stray dogs, aot and haikyuu probably. though promised neverland is so good.

haikyuu and aot are top tier... the fandom for haikyuu is scary tho ngl - but funny, which balances it out tbf. in aot i always get so confused lol but the wiki fandom page always comes in clutch explaining the plot so its good. i feel like bungo stray dogs is my cup of tea (but I've not watched it yet) cos its like a detective mystery type thing i really need to watch it
Original post by zarah23
awww thats nice, i wish i had someone i could watch with lool but yeah lemme tell you this season is just something elseeeeee in a good way I mean but yh we finally get to know the other side of the story, I haven't watched much though I think like 3 episodes, I've been so caught up with school lately

nahh shes annoying cos shes always cussing out eren and calling him a ****. and tbh he is - and Mikasa is annoying cos she's so nice and like loyal to him but yh idk. no but her fave character died so shes in mourning ig (is that a spoiler?). eren looks like an angsty teen this season lol, more so than before but like who doesn't love an angsty teen character development . ahhhh i cant wait it to watch it, I'm just gonna snake her acc, like i can rewatch it with her when it all comes out but yh I'm gonna snake her and watch it
Original post by hisokaaaa
Hxh is easily one of the best, hence my user name :smile:

nice. i loved hxh. one of my faves too, i ended up bingeing it in like 2 weeks. i had to take a break midway through cos i developed back pain from lying in bed all day lol. and the chimera ant arc was kinda annoying when the narrator was like were only 3 mins into this battle - i just had to switch off then cos my endurance was wearing thin. i acc liked that last election arc tho like it was a nice set up for the next arc and i loved killua and his little sister's relationship. it was so cute
haikyuu and aot are top tier... the fandom for haikyuu is scary tho ngl - but funny, which balances it out tbf. in aot i always get so confused lol but the wiki fandom page always comes in clutch explaining the plot so its good. i feel like bungo stray dogs is my cup of tea (but I've not watched it yet) cos its like a detective mystery type thing i really need to watch it

omg yes, the haikyuu fandom is a bit weird but hey, they got good memes. you should def watch bsd, the first season is like an intro to the characters rlly but the second one is just *chefs kiss*
Original post by zarah23

Second this.

The current and final season is done sooooo good.
What's everyones favourite anime and what's it about? I need new shows to watch lol.

promised neverland is my top choice I think. yall probs already know what its about its not rly unknown lol

Here's my Top 50+ list :blow: #1 is Baccano!

For a fan of The Promised Neverland, I would suggest Made in Abyss, or From the New World. Similar 'young characters in a dangerous world' themes in both. :yes:
nice. i loved hxh. one of my faves too, i ended up bingeing it in like 2 weeks. i had to take a break midway through cos i developed back pain from lying in bed all day lol. and the chimera ant arc was kinda annoying when the narrator was like were only 3 mins into this battle - i just had to switch off then cos my endurance was wearing thin. i acc liked that last election arc tho like it was a nice set up for the next arc and i loved killua and his little sister's relationship. it was so cute

SAME I kinda found that arc boring, and omg the 4th ending soundtrack never fails to make me feel emotional and empty inside. Oh the but where Leorio punches Ging never fails to make me smile, deffo wanna rewatch it or watch the original one :smile:

If anyone is a beginner on Anime, you need to watch ‘erased’, it’s a short and REALLY interesting anime, you’ll prob finish it in a day and u won’t regret it. I think it’s on Netflix.
Original post by anasofia02

Is it a coincidence that this anime is recommended short before I watched the first two episodes?! :laugh: the anime reminds me of Detective Conan with a humorous touch. Or is it just the wrong impression I got after two episodes?

My favorite and recommendation is Hellsing. OVA for an adaption to the plot in the manga, otherwise watching the Ultimate version.
Original post by Kallisto
Is it a coincidence that this anime is recommended short before I watched the first two episodes?! :laugh: the anime reminds me of Detective Conan with a humorous touch. Or is it just the wrong impression I got after two episodes?

oh that is interesting, i never thought of that but i can kind of see it. they do have kind of a dramatic yet humorous touch, i love it, i hope you're liking it cus it's so so so worth it.
Jujutsu Kaisen
Death note and attack on Titan are my favs, and also detective Conan :biggrin:
Also there’s an anime I’ve watched recently and I really enjoyed it - it’s called Erased
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Here's my Top 50+ list :blow: #1 is Baccano!

For a fan of The Promised Neverland, I would suggest Made in Abyss, or From the New World. Similar 'young characters in a dangerous world' themes in both. :yes:

omg thank you for the recommendations!! the made in abyss art style looks so cuteee. i can't wait to watch them
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending