The Student Room Group

Do you like Joe Biden?

What are your thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

I don't care much for American politics, so I can't say I have much of an opinion on him.
I don’t think he’s a good person.
Not particularly
No. He's just preferable to Trump but really, no. He's a worse version of Obama in both rhetoric/style and substance.
A rich establishment racist homophobe.
I feel this passage is apt:

'But the white liberals are foxes, who also show their teeth to the ***** but pretend that they are smiling.'

***** = an archaic plural term beginning with 'n' used to discribe a black person.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by SpockAndRand
No. He's just preferable to Trump but really, no. He's a worse version of Obama in both rhetoric/style and substance.

Exactly! People voted for Biden based on the fact he wasn't Trump; I'm not sure many Americans really know what Biden stands for.
He's better than Trump at least...
If he was not running against Trump he would have lost. As another poster said, he's an inferior version of Obama.
Original post by JOSH4598
Exactly! People voted for Biden based on the fact he wasn't Trump; I'm not sure many Americans really know what Biden stands for.

I don't really know what he stands for either but based on the responses in this thread, I dislike him for the opposite reasons people do lol.
Reply 9
trump better , both bad
I personally think he's okay... but Kamala Harris is better by miles.
Original post by BabyStitch
What are your thoughts?

I believe he is beginning to show signs that he is senile. I think he is an ambitious career politician who will say & do anything to get into the White House (as evidenced by his 5 different runs at president starting in 1984).

i also thinks he has a lot to answer for regarding the use of drone strikes from his time as VP.

He basically won on the anybody but Trump vote. But I do believe he wants to a good job and leave a positive legacy & may well not be a bad President. My biggest concern is with age and mental capacity not being what it once was he’ll be very reliant on advisors making decisions and im not all that impressed with them, seem like the virtual signaling brigade.
Reply 12
I think that the US has very specific needs at the moment, primarily action shaped by a joint governmental/medical professional endeavour which will slow down and eventually halt the spread of the virus, given that Trump's poor management of the situation has held things back so badly. This should then lead to a slow recovery in the economy and greater confidence in the country as a whole.

For this reason, given that Biden is making good and appropriate appointments, he seems to be well placed to achieve this. This makes him the right man at this juncture. That is all that really matters - the policy of President as 'Personality' has been shown to be wanting; the President as capable and positive is what is important now.

Having said that, I don't think that he will stand for election again; for what it's worth, I think that Kamala Harris, whom I find very impressive, will stand in the next election and I think that there is a very real possibility that she will have taken over as President before the election takes place.

I'm hopeful for both of them.
Original post by BabyStitch
What are your thoughts?

Do you like Hillary and Obama? If the answers yes then you’ll probably will like Biden.
Original post by SnowMiku
I personally think he's okay... but Kamala Harris is better by miles.

How is Kamala better? They’ve both done quite a few questionable things and they were chosen because they will serve the interests of the DNC. Neither give a fig about the country or ordinary people.
Original post by glassalice
A rich establishment racist homophobe.
I feel this passage is apt:

'But the white liberals are foxes, who also show their teeth to the ***** but pretend that they are smiling.'

***** = an archaic plural term beginning with 'n' used to discribe a black person.

That was amazing to read
Original post by xandra_sky
That was amazing to read

I think it bares a lot of relevance to today.
Original post by SpockAndRand

Prsom
You're all just lying, dog-faced pony soldiers!
He is really bad

Quick Reply

Latest