The Student Room Group

Do gcses result matter? King's College London

Dear KCL member that are majoring in dentistry, how was your GCSEs and are they an important factor? Is it safer to have yourself aced in GCSE? Do they accept resit students? Asking out of curiosity, I've not resit any of my GCSEs. My results weren't bad, but I am now considering of retaking my add maths since I got a B for it :'0. Will it have an affect on my student profile if I do resit?
(edited 3 years ago)
Yes, they are critical. Any course that specifies 'GCSE Maths at 6' or whatever, that IS What they want, and they will simply reject any applicants without it, regardless of your A level predictions. The required GCSEs are about 'basic skills'. That's why its usually Maths or English specified, and they will not take any chances if you don't have this.

If you are in Year 12 hoping to apply next year, remember you can always retake the crucial GCSE - just ask you school. You would retake it alongside your A levels and any offer would just add a GCSE requirement to the terms of the offer. No, they don't 'mark down' applicants retaking GCSEs.
Original post by McGinger
Yes, they are critical. Any course that specifies 'GCSE Maths at 6' or whatever, that IS What they want, and they will simply reject any applicants without it, regardless of your A level predictions. The required GCSEs are about 'basic skills'. That's why its usually Maths or English specified, and they will not take any chances if you don't have this.

If you are in Year 12 hoping to apply next year, remember you can always retake the crucial GCSE - just ask you school. You would retake it alongside your A levels and any offer would just add a GCSE requirement to the terms of the offer. No, they don't 'mark down' applicants retaking GCSEs.

I'm glad I asked. I was really scared and was doubtful about my grades. You've really helped me. I'm glad I asked. Thank you so much! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending