The Student Room Group

Can I leave my house to smoke?

Am I risking a fine if I leave home to have a cigarette during lockdown? I don't like doing it indoors because even opening all the windows doesn't help getting rid of the smell and I don't have a front or back garden. In normal times I would go and sit on a bench just around the corner, but I've looked at the guidelines and smoking definitely doesn't seem to come under any of the reasons why you can leave home. I have up to 10 a day and I know there have been lots of fines handed out in the area so I'm a bit worried I will be caught out.
I'm anonymous because I don't want people on here to think less of me because I'm a smoker

Scroll to see replies

Yeah sure you can, Ill report to the police tho lol
Or this haha
Reply 3
Got to be honest I'm being a bit dumb here because I never really thought of that
Original post by Anonymous
Am I risking a fine if I leave home to have a cigarette during lockdown? I don't like doing it indoors because even opening all the windows doesn't help getting rid of the smell and I don't have a front or back garden. In normal times I would go and sit on a bench just around the corner, but I've looked at the guidelines and smoking definitely doesn't seem to come under any of the reasons why you can leave home. I have up to 10 a day and I know there have been lots of fines handed out in the area so I'm a bit worried I will be caught out.
I'm anonymous because I don't want people on here to think less of me because I'm a smoker

Why don't you go on a walk and take your cigarettes? It could actually be a great opportunity to try to cut down if you know you'll have to exercise to earn one. Either way, good for your health.
Reply 5
Original post by ashtolga23
Why don't you go on a walk and take your cigarettes? It could actually be a great opportunity to try to cut down if you know you'll have to exercise to earn one. Either way, good for your health.

Yeah, I suppose that could be a good idea!
Morning

Why not some in your property/bedroom, keep windows closed and the dangerous smoke to yourself and enjoy it 100%%???

My OH has an apartment in central London that we now rent out. Lovely palce but one on the people in the apartment below woould apepar on the balcony and smoke spreading the stench, dangerous smoke into his and others property they had to close their windows.

So please smoke inside no reason to go outside. Enjoy but let others live withoutyour smoke

:smile: :smile:
Reply 7
Unless the bench is in the middle of a town or a busy area with covid marshalls/ poilce walking/driving past constantly and you are sitting by yourself I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid at you having a smoke there.
Reply 8
Just go outside, smoking is an addiction and thus should be counted as acceptable to stop the smoke damaging your flat/house/other applicable residences.
What harm is smoking outside doing to anyone? Who are you next to?
Reply 9
Original post by Wolfbangenoff
Morning

Why not some in your property/bedroom, keep windows closed and the dangerous smoke to yourself and enjoy it 100%%???

My OH has an apartment in central London that we now rent out. Lovely palce but one on the people in the apartment below woould apepar on the balcony and smoke spreading the stench, dangerous smoke into his and others property they had to close their windows.

So please smoke inside no reason to go outside. Enjoy but let others live withoutyour smoke

I'm as respectful as possible which is why I'm somewhat against standing in the doorway/doing it out the window etc... But just because I smoke doesn't mean I want my house to constantly smell of it.
I'm as respectful as possible which is why I'm somewhat against standing in the doorway/doing it out the window etc... But just because I smoke doesn't mean I want my house to constantly smell of it.

For sure, FYI I did not say EVERYONE but a large MAJORITY

do you have a car/vehicle, smoke in that with windows closed.
if not, I'd rather you stayed in your flat and smoked and closed all windows save the others
suffering your smoke.

FYI, I do take my hats off to you as you appear to be one of the few sensible smokers if that can be said.
But just because I smoke doesn't mean I want my house to constantly smell of it.

Why not if you love it that much
Who would be petty enough to report you for that? Just do it.

if not, I'd rather you stayed in your flat and smoked and closed all windows save the others
suffering your smoke.

FYI, I do take my hats off to you as you appear to be one of the few sensible smokers if that can be said.

Original post by xandra_sky
Why not if you love it that much

I like the taste of cheese but definitely not the smell. I like the taste of **** but it doesn't mean I want to smell them 24/7

suffering your smoke.

Yes and I always go well away from people and take the cigarette end home so theres no need to be inside to prevent others from suffering in any way
Yes and I always go well away from people and take the cigarette end home so theres no need to be inside to prevent others from suffering in any way

but considering it makes you and your clothes smell of it, whenever you're next to someone they will have to breathe in that awful smell. doesn't matter how much you wash.

So you go outside and inflict your dangerous smoke on others??? That may work for you but not for me and millions of others that are demanding to have smoking banned in all public palces inc vehicles.
Reply 17
So you go outside and inflict your dangerous smoke on others??? That may work for you but not for me and millions of others that are demanding to have smoking banned in all public palces inc vehicles.

What a world you'd have for us.
Original post by Bio 7
What a world you'd have for us.

Please read the thread but I'm here to help. I'd "have you" smoke in your own fully enclsoed space and expect you to have a shower, bath and clean clothes before you went out.
HTH
Reply 19
Please read the thread but I'm here to help. I'd "have you" smoke in your own fully enclsoed space and expect you to have a shower, bath and clean clothes before you went out.
HTH

You sound like you need locking in a padded room to be honest :tongue: How old are you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending