The Student Room Group

Foreshadowing my death.

So, for the past week or so, every night before I go to bed when I’m laying there, all I can think about is my death. Everynight, I’ve had a good 5 minute constant thought about myself dying in a car accident. It’s extremely weird. I’m fully healthy, I’m a teacher full time and barely watch TV or Films. Is this possibly
Foreshadowing something in the future? I aren’t superstitious however, the persistence of the thought is extremely distinctive. I had visions/lucid dreams about the Police Officer speaking to my Mum on the day of the crash, telling her the fatal news. I could hear, see, feel the pain my Mum went through on the doorstep to my house. I could describe the Police Officer from head to toe however, whenever I tried to speak I couldn’t. Please tell me someone has had something similar, or am I going crazy?
Do you suffer from anxiety in general?
Reply 2
I saw a programme once of a lad who had constant dreams he would die in an aeroplane accident and that's exactly what happened so yep your dream could be your fate or it could also not be. In a way it could be linked to you ending a path in your life and starting a new 1.
Original post by YaliaV123
Do you suffer from anxiety in general?

I get anxious, but it’s extremely rare.
Original post by JaseyB
I saw a programme once of a lad who had constant dreams he would die in an aeroplane accident and that's exactly what happened so yep your dream could be your fate or it could also not be. In a way it could be linked to you ending a path in your life and starting a new 1.

Looks like I need to stay away from cars then!
Are you in a relationship? I think you could be worried you're not living life to the full and will die without having lived. Either that or you're just an anxious person.
Original post by xandra_sky
Are you in a relationship? I think you could be worried you're not living life to the full and will die without having lived. Either that or you're just an anxious person.

I’m 20. I’ve never had a relationship properly with a woman. It’s a weird one, like I’ve woken up today fine and I haven’t really thought of it. I’m not scared, I don’t feel fear going to sleep I just have the reoccurring thought.
Original post by KinderTeacher
I’m 20. I’ve never had a relationship properly with a woman. It’s a weird one, like I’ve woken up today fine and I haven’t really thought of it. I’m not scared, I don’t feel fear going to sleep I just have the reoccurring thought.

aren't you a bit young to be a teacher? and it's slightly worrying someone who believes in magic thinking is let loose on kids' minds.
So, for the past week or so, every night before I go to bed when I’m laying there, all I can think about is my death. Everynight, I’ve had a good 5 minute constant thought about myself dying in a car accident. It’s extremely weird. I’m fully healthy, I’m a teacher full time and barely watch TV or Films. Is this possibly
Foreshadowing something in the future? I aren’t superstitious however, the persistence of the thought is extremely distinctive. I had visions/lucid dreams about the Police Officer speaking to my Mum on the day of the crash, telling her the fatal news. I could hear, see, feel the pain my Mum went through on the doorstep to my house. I could describe the Police Officer from head to toe however, whenever I tried to speak I couldn’t. Please tell me someone has had something similar, or am I going crazy?

hmm are you psychic. I am already dead by the way
Original post by HaydenFordz
hmm are you psychic. I am already dead by the way

Lol. I used to work in the ambulance service but, never attended a RTC so idk.
Original post by xandra_sky
aren't you a bit young to be a teacher? and it's slightly worrying someone who believes in magic thinking is let loose on kids' minds.

I keep my thoughts, opinions and comments to myself to maintain professionalism and transparency. I don’t ‘let loose’ on their minds, like I’m a loon.

How weird is this guys? 6 days ago I posted this.

I got the call Thursday afternoon. My brother in law was in a car accident. He was admitted to Hull Royal with serious injuries. He had a bleed on his brain and sadly died yesterday evening at the age of 23. No underlying health conditions, had a 3 year old kid. It’s ripped us apart. The report is here https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/leven-horror-crash-leaves-driver-4945080

how bizarre that I haven’t thought about this until now? Did I foreshadow this happening?

Quick Reply

Latest