The Student Room Group

Groningen Medicine Applicants Entry 2021

Hey all, I haven't seen a thread started for applicants for entry 2021 yet (maybe I'm too early!) but I wanted to start one so that we could help each other with questions and concerns, and then the time comes, update each other on the actual application process!

Scroll to see replies

I just thought that considering the application and such is now open, I should bump this! This way people who are applying this year can find this thread more easily :smile:
Hi, I’m also applying! But have to confess that I’m having a hard time with the application ;/
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I’m also applying! But have to confess that I’m having a hard time with the application ;/

hey there!! sorry to hear that - what are you struggling with?
I'll admit that I'm also finding it difficult to understand exactly what they want from me....
Original post by smurfinnigan
hey there!! sorry to hear that - what are you struggling with?
I'll admit that I'm also finding it difficult to understand exactly what they want from me....

Well, basically I don’t know how to fill up the form with the information about my previous high school subjects, since part of my high school was done in Brazil. did you need to send this kind of information?
hey, I'm also applying for 2021 entry!
are you studying all required subjects at school now (biology, chemistry, maths and physics)? or do you know what we have to do if we don't? I'm doing IB and biology and chemistry as HL subjects and maths AA SL but I don't have physics :/
also, why did you choose Groningen over Maastricht (just out of curiosity)? which one do you think is less competitive and easier to get in?
and do you know if it's true that from 2021 entry we don't have the choice between molecular medicine and global health as the learning communities in English and can only study global health?

sorry for so many questions haha
Hi theree!! Thankfully I found this thread cuz ive been searching all over facebook for groups and stuff! Theh said they were going to send us homework today (for our portfolios) have you received anything yet? I didnt and its giving me anxiety!!
Original post by smurfinnigan
Hey all, I haven't seen a thread started for applicants for entry 2021 yet (maybe I'm too early!) but I wanted to start one so that we could help each other with questions and concerns, and then the time comes, update each other on the actual application process!

heeyyy!! I just received the homework! I think we can help each other here if we have any questions about them! :smile:
Original post by eliferyasar
heeyyy!! I just received the homework! I think we can help each other here if we have any questions about them! :smile:

Hi everyone!! I received an email about it too a couple hours ago:smile: I'm kind of nervous about the cognitive test though, seems like they aren't giving us any information regarding what kind of text we'll be given to analyze, nor the "open questions" based on it:/ But I'm looking forward to being on this forum with you guys:smile: hopefully everything goes well for us all
Yeahh that’s exciting! Where are u from? If you have any questions and want to know something (I know the uni does not reply so quickly these days!) you can always ask me :smile: you can add me somewhere if you want. @elif.eryasar on insta! :smile:

I'm from Moldova!:smile: what about you? also, I followed you on instagram just now; i'm felicia:]
Original post by neolights
I'm from Moldova!:smile: what about you? also, I followed you on instagram just now; i'm felicia:]

Yeahh that’s exciting! Where are u from? If you have any questions and want to know something (I know the uni does not reply so quickly these days!) you can always ask me :smile: you can add me somewhere if you want. @elif.eryasar on insta! :smile:

hey! There are ppl adding me but I don’t know if you came from here, so give me a heads up if you add me pls! <3
Reply 11
Hey guys <3 I was looking for this thread for hours, I’m so happy that I finally found it. Am i the only one who expected something much different from the portfolio :/ it doesn’t seem that personal. and btw do you guys have any top class achievements?
Hi guys, i also applied for medicine in Groningen and i just started going through the material! I still have some questions though. Have you all received the adequacy? The email that says that all your documents are fine? Including the course description, which means that you dont have to write additional exams during summer...About the non cognitive test 1 have you found the answers to the example question? And have you found any other example questions like that online ,so we can practice?And about the non cognitive test 2 do you have any idea how the questions will be like? i mean yeah we are going to study the material but in the exams will it be open questions, multiple choices or what?Are they going to ask us in any part why we wanna study medicine? or questions like that...because they didnt mention it anywhere.
Original post by papadakimarianna
Hi guys, i also applied for medicine in Groningen and i just started going through the material! I still have some questions though. Have you all received the adequacy? The email that says that all your documents are fine? Including the course description, which means that you dont have to write additional exams during summer...About the non cognitive test 1 have you found the answers to the example question? And have you found any other example questions like that online ,so we can practice?And about the non cognitive test 2 do you have any idea how the questions will be like? i mean yeah we are going to study the material but in the exams will it be open questions, multiple choices or what?Are they going to ask us in any part why we wanna study medicine? or questions like that...because they didnt mention it anywhere.

I got an email which says:
Thank you for your application for admission to the 2021/2022 Bachelor of Science (BSc) programme in Medicine offered by the Faculty of Medical Sciences of the University of Groningen. We have received all the documents required to process your application.

You will be notified as soon as the Admissions Board has decided on your application for admission. The Admissions Board will make a decision about your application as soon as possible.

So I assume everything is fine but since I'm doing the IB, I didn't even have to add the course descriptions.
I don't know the answers to your other questions, so if anyone does, I'd love to know as well!
Hey guys! I also applied for medicine in Groningen. What are you guys studying? I am freaking out because they haven't sent much material to study...
Original post by tortilladepatata
Hey guys! I also applied for medicine in Groningen. What are you guys studying? I am freaking out because they haven't sent much material to study...

I think they said it'd be less this year than usual
Reply 16
Original post by tortilladepatata

I wouldn't freak out for sure, but i am also quite confused. From the Medical training framework how will they actually use it... they said that they would use real life circumstances etc but im not really grasping how the framework will be implemented?

it literally said for the non-cognitive one that “its impossible to prepare for this test”. soo searching “example questions” on the internet (which I assume there isn’t any) is not what they want you to do

to answer this question: Have you all received the adequacy? I had finished uploading all my documents to OAS in the first month of December and about 2-3 weeks ago I received an official document from RUG which basically says, you have been conditionally accepted, provided that you pass the selection procedure, attain your IB diploma and receive a RUG-accepted physics certificate. Seeing that in the IB you can only take 2 sciences and I took chem and bio, will be taking the CCVX physics exam. I did not have to upload course descriptions because I did IB, but I imagine that you will receive a similar document once they determine whether all of your courses are VWO-equivalent or not
Original post by sophie_lola
to answer this question: Have you all received the adequacy? I had finished uploading all my documents to OAS in the first month of December and about 2-3 weeks ago I received an official document from RUG which basically says, you have been conditionally accepted, provided that you pass the selection procedure, attain your IB diploma and receive a RUG-accepted physics certificate. Seeing that in the IB you can only take 2 sciences and I took chem and bio, will be taking the CCVX physics exam. I did not have to upload course descriptions because I did IB, but I imagine that you will receive a similar document once they determine whether all of your courses are VWO-equivalent or not

wait okay i do A levels and i submitted my application on the 18th of december but i have been yet to be told if my previous education level is sufficient, how long did they take to tell you? because i sent an email to them and they said i would know within 6 weeks and that'll be in 5 days...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending