The Student Room Group

Girton College Interviewee's Worry

I am a 2021 applicant for Land Economy, Girton College. Normally, i found applicants having 2-3 interviews for land economy, and I have seen on the official website of Girton that at least 2 interviews will be conducted. However, I had only been interviewed for one time, and the interviewers are from Pembroke. Are there something wrong with it? Was Girton paying less attention on me and decided to save resources by interviewing for only one time?
Also, there is no official declaration of Girton's offer release date, when will Girton release its date for previous years? I have noticed that many colleges decided to release offers at Jan 25, what about Girton?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Achen221
I am a 2021 applicant to Land Economy, Girton College. Normally, i found applicants having 2-3 interviews for land economy, and I have seen on the official website of Girton that at least 2 interviews will be conducted. However, I had only been interviewed for one time, and the interviewers are from Pembroke. Is there something wrong with it? Was Girton paying less attention on me and decided to save the resources by interviewing for only one time?Also, there is no declaration of Girton's offer release date, when will Girton release its date for previous years?

Presumably they changed their interview practices for this year, having to remote interview. All offer decisions are released on the same day, tomorrow I believe.
Original post by Achen221
I am a 2021 applicant for Land Economy, Girton College. Normally, i found applicants having 2-3 interviews for land economy, and I have seen on the official website of Girton that at least 2 interviews will be conducted. However, I had only been interviewed for one time, and the interviewers are from Pembroke. Are there something wrong with it? Was Girton paying less attention on me and decided to save resources by interviewing for only one time?
Also, there is no official declaration of Girton's offer release date, when will Girton release its date for previous years? I have noticed that many colleges decided to release offers at Jan 25, what about Girton?

Hi there!

All decisions by all colleges will be sent tomorrow.

All applicants who applied to Girton for Land Economy will have received the same number of interviews. If they didn't think you were worth interviewing, they wouldn't have interviewed you. They may have done fewer interviews this year because they were online. If you look on Girton's website, they do not have any Land Economy fellows - the Director of Studies comes from Downing and it is possible that he was unable to interview this year.

Hope this helps!
Reply 3
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
Hi there!

All decisions by all colleges will be sent tomorrow.

All applicants who applied to Girton for Land Economy will have received the same number of interviews. If they didn't think you were worth interviewing, they wouldn't have interviewed you. They may have done fewer interviews this year because they were online. If you look on Girton's website, they do not have any Land Economy fellows - the Director of Studies comes from Downing and it is possible that he was unable to interview this year.

Hope this helps!

Thanks! I get it, and my worry is now eliminated. Hope I can receive an offer tomorrow, my nervousness is stretching me now.
Reply 4
Good luck for tomorrow! From one girton applicant to another :wink:
Reply 5
Has anyone found out yet? Good luck!!!
Reply 6
Did you receive the offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending