The Student Room Group

How long will it take to lose a stone

I’m 5,7 and weigh 9 stone 8 how long will it take to lose a stone. Can I do it by July ?
YESSSSSS! you’ve got this💪🏾 I’m trying to lose about 30kg by this summer but i can’t stop eating🤣🙃
Reply 2
Original post by anitadhm_.
YESSSSSS! you’ve got this💪🏾 I’m trying to lose about 30kg by this summer but i can’t stop eating🤣🙃

I’ve lost about 3 stone this past year but I just feel I’ve slowed down and I’ve put on 6 pound since Christmas. I can’t stop eating either haha
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I’m 5,7 and weigh 9 stone 8 how long will it take to lose a stone. Can I do it by July ?

How old are you? Why do you want to lose a stone?

How much do u weigh rn?
(edited 3 years ago)

Focus on building muscle for the summer, you are at a healthy weight rn, losing a stone will put you very close to being underweight and not do anything for your physique.
Your weight loss will have slowed down because you're in a healthy weight range now. Your body doesn't necessarily want to get rid of any more as I understand it. The heavier you are, the quicker you tend to lose (from someone who's continuing to go through major weight loss); it almost feels like your body is just waiting for you to make healthier choices so it can get rid of it.

July is a very manageable goal, but don't have this number set in stone. You might reach 9 stone and be perfectly happy with how you look. Also keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat, so if you're working out a lot or anything then that may be where some of the weight is coming from now! :smile:
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
How much do u weigh rn?

currently 87.6kg
currently 87.6kg

And how tall?
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
And how tall?

I’m about 5”3

Can you give that stone to me? :L I'm 5ft7 and just over 8 1/2 stone and I'm trying to gain up to 9 1/2! But in answer to your question, the general guideline on weightloss for people who aren't obese is around 1lb per week, and the lower your weight is the slower that rate will get. 3-4 months is probably realistic to lose it healthily
That doesn’t sound very healthy like, at all? 111lbs for me at 5’4 would make me underweight. 8 stone 8lbs is what.. like 120lbs? maybe it wouldn’t make you underweight but close to it. The
Reply 12
According to your BMI, you are a very health weight at the moment. I don't think you should push it too much. If you lose a stone, you will borderline underweight at 18.8, which is absolutely terrible for your overall health and long-term health. What you do to your body now, will affect your health down the line also.

Don't do it. You are perfectly fine the way you are at the moment. You should instead, work on maintaining that.
Why don't you try some strength training to tone yourself up a bit?

Quick Reply

Latest